1990's Ford radio cassette (model 2005) Now "sold"

Bobthebeard

That takes me back to 1996 when we moved house and my dad had a 1991 H Orion with one of those in and not knowing the area started removing it incase the car got broken into and/or the stereo stolen, sat in a kitchen cupboard for years. Although im sure his had a "Dolby Digital" logo on it. As it turned out the car got stolen without the radio and torched anyway. Also remember the door window stickers "KEYCODE" in yellow with black horizontal lines through it.

As i remember, trying to get the code for it from the Ford dealer it was bought from was a nightmare, got it eventually, but people told us to stick it in the freezer to crack the code or some shit!

I tried that freezer thing once! I had a Ford 2001 with a missing serial number sticker, so I bunged it in the freezer overnight. The theory is that it erases the chip which stores the code (while somehow not ruining all the stuff which makes the radio work).

I was sceptical, but believe it or not...

it does fuck all.

I tried that freezer thing once! I had a Ford 2001 with a missing serial number sticker, so I bunged it in the freezer overnight. The theory is that it erases the chip which stores the code (while somehow not ruining all the stuff which makes the radio work).

I was sceptical, but believe it or not...

it does fuck all.

I exposed cars to minus 50 in Scandinavia and I can guarentee you, it does fuck all to radios.

Radio in freezer can only be one thing - urban legend.