Smoll car now solded, 1998 Fiesta Mk 4 1.2 Zetec, recent cambelt, MOT until 2nd December, price dropped to £80...!

John F

It's in BD18, near Bradford.

Yes, it's very much driveable - it had a new cambelt about 8k miles ago, and has MOT until 2nd December. I had a go in it a few months ago & it was absolutely fine.

I expect it might need minor welding to the rear of the sills as that was an advisory last year, but tbh I haven't looked at it.

If anyone wants specific photos of known rot spots I can take them, just ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought I'd stick an update on... I don't frequent forums much these days so dunno if I would have enough content for a whole thread ;)

It failed its MOT on a bulb, then passed with no advisories once replaced. I've put nearly 6k on it since buying it, and all I've done is give it petrol... And top up the oil that burns off (cheaper and easier than replacing the valve stem seals).

It's perfect for my mammoth 1.3 mile commute, and gives 50+mpg on a run.

I'd forgotten how fun these are to throw around as well - the drive to see my fairer half is 26 miles of north Northumberland's finest B roads and the A697, and it loves it.

So if you see a smol red car bombing around anywhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle with terrible music falling out of the windows... It may be me.

JC6vXlF.jpg

Image looks oddly photoshopped but it isn't :/

Fantastic to see real motoring in action. The simple pleasure of the open road for 80 quid. Good luck to you!

Cheers. Just brimmed the tank after 220-odd miles of Berwick - Newcastle - faffing - Berwick and (importantly) the last 15 of those being spent swapping between 2nd and 3rd and keeping it over 5krpm with a grin on my face... Which used a quarter of a tank. 33mpg ain't too bad

Paid a fair bit more than £80 for mine but its still cheap motoring.   One month on a modern buys these and mine's only eaten a wheel bearing in 650 miles.   £13 a month tax and a sniff of petrol a week should not really buy anything this fun to drive!   Not quite in the Mk1/Mk2 league but so much better than some of the woeful shit in this price range.....