Cadillac CTS for Sale in Scotland for £1068.28p

cort16

I've had a few enquiries on this via bumtree but the emails keeps going into my spam folder. I've moved them out into main inbox and replied but no-one seems to reply to those replies so I presume they're going into their spam folder! I'm loathe to put my mobile number on.

To be fair the mobile number doesn't get out up directly on the site is goes through a this party bit first but a guy I work with is trying to sell his c class which needs work and he keeps getting calls from accident management companies so it may have changed a bit 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't stop some twat calling you at 11.30 pm.

This may be getting pressed into daily service for a bit as Mrs c's car is in for its mot tomorrow and I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about it so she'll need to use my juke.

This is good news. Gives me chance to clear a few bits out and then buy it at a better time.

• 2 weeks later...

Shit Rep:

I've had lots of enquiries. Anyone from London or further afield I'm trying to discourage after this issues with the french buyer and him being sending him pictures of his granny in hospital. 

I've had 2 people turn up to see it. One buyer was spanish and walked to Govan from somewhere (spain?) to see it. Fair play he gave it a really serious look over, for about an hour like he was about to spluff 100 odd grand on matching numbers Jaguar  XK120 rather than just over a  grand on a  12 year old Cadillac.

I ended up getting a bit annoyed at the end and was ready to tell him to fuck off when he offered me nearly half the asking price.

The other guy has been asking to come and see it for days finally and came today. He seemed to like and said he'd come back with his wife to see it this avo never to be seen again.

I also went to see about swapping it with a Z3 but it was a bit rough. Ive also been offered a v70 AWD, Vauxhall Astra and RX8.

The later I'd maybe be tempted with but I could do with the money.

Conclusion. I like buying cars, I like driving cars, sometimes I like working on cars but I fucking hate selling them.

Just checked MOT history on RX-8. Previous welding has been done and an advisory for under body rust. It's also in the 500 a year rfl bracket.

I was just offered an 06 transit with a tide line bigger than the forth rail bridge. I was actually tempted! 

Okay next up we had a guy who contacted me via ebay and I sent him a load of detailed pictures showing the not that great bumper fit at the front.

He comes down and has a look at it and has an expression like he's licked urinal cake when he see's all the bumper. I'll need to get my body work guy to look at the pictures etc. I point out it's considerably cheaper, which is reflected in the damage and all the pictures and descriptions I sent him and it's got a fresg ticket.. His parting shot, who fixed it Stevie Wonder LOL? . Okay bye then my attitude at this point is I'm just going back in the house I don't want to talk anymore. It really isn't too bad the bumper just needs adjusted a bit.

next

I got a message at about 7 other other day saying I'm local can I come and see it? I have an mx5 I might want to swap.

OH REEELY SMILYEE FACE. I want an mx-5 so arrange a time for him to see it but he gets delayed and doesn't meet me until about 9.45 pm. I'm now hoping he's going to hit me over the head and steal the Cadillac but he turns up and waxes lyrical about the shape of the vents, the profile of the rear bumper then size of the boot etc for about 45 minutes. He tells me all the things he likes, about it. The condition, the belts in the sears and how he needs a 4 door car etc. I can see it's never been damaged he says (clearly not read the advert). I want to go to bed so don't correct him. Okay he says I'll think about it and read up on it on the internet.

Never heard from him again.

That's what I've got it on now.  It stops the random, my budgie hit buy it now ebayers but it hasn't got much more interest.

It's a weird car with a big engine and a damage marker on it with a badly aligned front bumper.  I can see how on the face of it the normal punter would be wary but it's a lot of car for the money and quite unusual. It even has a years MOT but everyone who comes to see it expects it to be perfect.

I'll probably end up swapping it for a betamax video recorder and PS1

I really don't know why you are having so much trouble selling it.

Sure it may have a little bit of damage, but it is a powerful luxury saloon for less than half the price of a ropey 5-series equivalent. Hell, it is newer, better equipped and more powerful than some Omegas, yet they seem to sell well despite often being more expensive (mainly the 3.2s in this price range, but I think my point still stands.)

Hopefully a genuine buyer will come along soon, as that is an absolute bargain which I am sure many of us are struggling to resist as time ​goes on.

People are just morons, that's the long and short of it. It's all very well them complaining about the bumper, but as you said you've already mentioned it, and it's cheap enough anyway. It does my head in when people moan about the odd dent, scuff, scratch or whatever on an old car, like anyone in their right mind is going to spend £800 on a flipping £1200 motor etc. It's just a hopeless ruse to chip you down. 

I've no idea why it's so un popular when you look at what else is for sale form the similiar money. A lot of people seem to want it to never had paint, have full service history, brand new matching pilot cup tyres, be free to tax and for you to put a 10 year parts and labour guarantee on it for 1000 quid.

I think the big problem for this is nobody has heard of them. This is the only the second one I've seen, if someone is after a high end luxury motor they'd probably be considering a BMW or a Merc. Something like this probably won't be on their radar at all.