Audi Maf/Map sensor

Bren

ESP fault/ handbrake malfunction warning lights on again - done this previously - I had a diagnostic check done which showed no faults.

Anybody any idea what the cause could be? Battery is showing 12.7V with engine off.

Car is 04 plate A6.

Nah, it's 13 years old. Surely 10+ makes it into the "slightly fucked and not really all that modern any more" section?

No idea what the cause of your problem is, but I had a similar issue with my OMGMODERN Mercedes. Just like yours, mine showed decent voltage and as many warning lights/random warnings as you can shake a stick at (and there are a LOT of them on a Merc GL), all of which were sorted when I swapped the battery. 

Could it be a dodgy brake light switch? My old mk4 Golf GTi did that, brought on the EPC light & some other one that I can't remember, But, a scrapyard part brake light switch sorted it out (From a Skoda Octavia, as every golf had been robbed of the brake light switch)

Check if your brake lights are working, because on the mk4 golf, they don't work if this fails.

I stand to be corrected, but just a suggestion.

• 10 months later...

My A6 C6 has the 30v 2.4 v6 bdw engine. I was wondering if it had a maf sensor and if this could be responsible for the various problems the car has?

1) Yes.

2) Quite possibly.

As above. Most motors have a maf or map sensor.

• 1 month later...

Continuing this thread fairly certain coolant temp sensor is causing the issue - it logged a code which spark believed was spurious - however I have noticed the car stutters a bit during the warming up period and the electric fans have operated from cold despite not having the air con on.

Unfortunately I cannot see where the sensor is as it appears to be held in place with a clip - I would sooner replace it myself than take it in yet again.

Anybody point me in the direction of where itis located? I believe it has a green coloured top.

Have you checked the value of it? Should be pretty clear if it's faulty with a diagnostic live reading of the sensors. Engine stone cold, temp = ambient. Top hose warm, temp = 90-100c ish. When warming up, it increases progressively and smoothly.