STOLEN - Blue 1987 Mini City E731 CPD - Southall **Now found**

Angrydicky

Can everyone please share and keep an eye out for my friend's Mini City that was stolen last night from Heston, Middlesex. It had a krooklok on at the time which must have been forced off. Accident damage to the OSF wing/wheelarch. Paint flaking along the lower edge of the bootlid. No major rust. Flat paint. Has the registration 'A18 TOY' etched into the OSR window. Seat covers fitted. Original apart from chrome bumpers. Parking permits in the windscreen.

post-3865-0-63602100-1495093768_thumb.png

It's splashed all over Facebook. but the forums need alerting too, especially the Mini ones and RR. I've forgotten my password for RR so if someone could cross post it over there, the Mini forums and any others that would be much appreciated.

Maybe a stupid question and I am not keeping up, but what is the concensus on where are all these Minis are going? Are they being sent abroad, being broken for spares or just being reunited with V5s they never knew they had, bought off Ebay? There seems to be a definate bad trend here.

That is rotten luck, but when you say krooklok surely you don't mean an actual one?

Stoplock. Also pretty useless, as a couple of recent thefts have proved.

Numberplate etched into the window ends in TOY, not TOP. There's another registration under it too. The owner tells me there is a crack in the dashboard. 

UPDATE. Turns out a neighbour has CCTV footage of the theft, which took place at about 12am. A white or silver Volvo S40/V40 was reversed up to the front of the Mini, two guys got out and proceeded to break in, before hitching up a towrope and dragging it away.

Assuming it's not a ringer, it looks as though the current pondlife hasn't owned the Ovlov for long.

Let's hope the 5-0 get the bastards.

I do wonder if car theft would be lessened in the country if, as punishment, offenders had multiple digits removed, as opposed to fines and/or time at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

post-4721-0-58001600-1495272654_thumb.png

I'd be poking around any backstreet tyre places , body shops and car washes looking for the Volvo , the Mini will be hidden away , but presumably the Volvo will be in use everyday taking 4 or 5 young Eastern European men to work.

This is realism not racism, this is the demographic for untaxed saloon cars ,especially Volvos. If they were English, they'd be wearing hoodies and driving a Golf or A3. They must live or work locally to have seen the Mini, the Police won't be doing much, if anything to actively find the Volvo, not their fault, just a fact that doing detective work for a battered old Mini when there are assaults, rapes and murders taking place in West London every few hours, seems unlikely.

I'd take a look round the local breakers, might be holding it for someone. Also local council lock ups, easy to hide stuff in and very anonymous.

True what Norfolk said, my old mans Vectra SRI was stolen years ago, the police found it in a nearby garage that had been took on a short lease then was used to strip stolen cars down for spares for the taxi trade. You find a few of bent/dodgy garages wind up doing this as it's incredibly profitable over a very short space of time.

These that pinched Fatha Sierras Vectra, were thick as pig shit though, instead of bagging the personal effects of the people whose cars had been nicked and chucking them in the canal, decided instead to pile them up in a corner of the garage, linking them to 20 other burglaries in the area. Darwin Award or what.