Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Lost/Stolen

STOLEN - Blue 1987 Mini City E731 CPD - Heston, London

Lost/Stolen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Morgan84

Morgan84

• Full Members
  • 1,270 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Things like this make me want to keep my cars hidden away out of sight and not even bother to go to shows any more. Can't have anything nice these days it seems :( 

Some of the fleet
1992 Ford Sierra Ghia Auto Est
1995 Mercedes S500 L
1979 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta Coupe (11000 miles)
1976 Vauxhall Cavalier
1977 Reliant Scimitar
1968 Daimler V8 250
1968 Riley Elf
2004 Volvo V70 D5 AWD SE
1992 Mercedes 230 CE

#32 ONLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Full Members
  • 12,786 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

I doubt that Mini was targetted because of going to a show and being followed back.... probably opportunist, and the fact that if it was a real Krooklock, then they're about as secure as leaving a cheese slice on the steering wheel. Someone probably saw it, told their mate, "Oh, we'll nab that and sell the bits".

I remember finding out in one of my mums cars that if you put your foot behind the pedal, you could lift it up and the krooklock drops off. 

I've since seen that once you remove a krooklock, it makes a really nice lever to break a steering lock too.

For stuff like this - disklock, or put it on a driveway with one of those padlocked poles behind it.

For stuff like a mint Mk1 Mexico, then armed police and keep it out of sight.

Those trackers are OK, but if the car is really worth putting some effort into nicking then you can buy a device that blocks phone signals for about £30. One of them will stop the tracker working whilst you strip it, find the tracker tucked somewhere in the shell, and lob it in the canal. Equally, some people have found trackers put on their cars after a show - crims use them to work out where you live. In this case, a phone blocker would be exactly what you need.

It's a funny shitty old world.

• AngusToledo and blyteee like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lost/Stolen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users