Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dollywobbler's British Blue Bluebird

Simon MAYO

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#391 OFFLINE   Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder

• Full Members
  • 4,072 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationBuckingham

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Go and have serious word with yourself for even subjecting us to those photos.

Good god, that's horrendous. Reminds me of when I was on mx5nutz. Every second car on there was in that sort of state.

I still have after market wheels, rear spoiler, funny number plates and pool ball gear knob!

Attached Images

• P1090303 broad.jpg

• Supernaut likes this

At home and running:

1972 Citroen DS, 1986 Citroen Visa 17RD, 2000 Citroen C15 van, 1996 Citroen ZX TD Estate, 1970 Triumph Vitesse convertible, 2001 156 V6 Sportwagon, 1978 Citroen GS, 1988 BMW 735iSE, 1976 Daimler Sovereign S2. 

#392 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,142 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Check out my balloons!

DHh14CQXoAA6TwX.jpg

Bluebird has gone from 165/65 R14 to 185/70 R14, which is the optional size fitted to alloys. I'm obviously still on steelies, but the diameter of these is pretty much the same as the 165 R14s it should have worn - those would have had an 80 profile. Tyres are from Blockley Tyres, who normally make stuff for vintage Rolls-Royces and Jaguars, but are increasingly creating sizes now more difficult to get hold of. Like tyres with actual chunky profiles, and stuff for 12" wheels. Not cheap, so I look forward to seeing how they turn out. Should certainly be better than the RADAR things it was wearing.

It is also on Evans Waterless Coolant now, a free trial due to the day job. There are some very strong views about this stuff (a search on YouTube can be fun), but I'm not saying anything until I've tested it. So far, heater output is even more feeble and the temperature gauge is where it always was, but I've only driven four miles so far. Some big miles ahead of this car in September, so we'll see how it and the tyres perform.

• RobT, Supernaut and egg like this

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#393 OFFLINE   They_all_do_that_sir

They_all_do_that_sir

• Full Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBelfast

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Check out my balloons!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHh14CQXoAA6...

Bluebird has gone from 165/65 R14 to 185/70 R14, which is the optional size fitted to alloys. I'm obviously still on steelies, but the diameter of these is pretty much the same as the 165 R14s it should have worn - those would have had an 80 profile. Tyres are from Blockley Tyres, who normally make stuff for vintage Rolls-Royces and Jaguars, but are increasingly creating sizes now more difficult to get hold of. Like tyres with actual chunky profiles, and stuff for 12" wheels. Not cheap, so I look forward to seeing how they turn out. Should certainly be better than the RADAR things it was wearing.

It is also on Evans Waterless Coolant now, a free trial due to the day job. There are some very strong views about this stuff (a search on YouTube can be fun), but I'm not saying anything until I've tested it. So far, heater output is even more feeble and the temperature gauge is where it always was, but I've only driven four miles so far. Some big miles ahead of this car in September, so we'll see how it and the tyres perform.

Why the need for the Blockley Tyres? Avon, goodyear etc all make tyres in 185 70 r14 flavour

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

#394 OFFLINE   twosmoke300

twosmoke300

• Full Members
  • 7,424 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationCornwall

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 PM

Boris Becker innit :-)

Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi - the boring modern 

Fiat Ducato 2009 l3h2

Honda Crf250X

Suzuki TS50x

Kawasaki Ke175d

Prilla Pigsasshole 650

Saxo 1.5D

Land Rover 90 2.5 petrol

Honda CB250N super wet dream

#395 OFFLINE   HarmonicCheeseburger

HarmonicCheeseburger

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 74 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationRawtenstall

Posted Yesterday, 06:24 PM

As said on Twitter, put a Rover V8 in the BlueBird and race the V8 Hyundai for maximum win points. 

#396 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,142 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 06:33 PM

Why the need for the Blockley Tyres? Avon, goodyear etc all make tyres in 185 70 r14 flavour

No need, but they've recently added them to the range, and they've been keen for me to test a set of their tyres. They may have been imagining something more glamorous than a Bluebird, but them's the breaks. I just assumed that high profile tyres had become hard to find based on the fact that the Bluebird was on entirely the wrong tyres. Perhaps the people who looked after it previously were just shit.

As said on Twitter, put a Rover V8 in the BlueBird and race the V8 Hyundai for maximum win points. 

It's a lot easier to make a RWD drive car V8 than try to convert a transverse FWD. Ask Rover.

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#397 OFFLINE   They_all_do_that_sir

They_all_do_that_sir

• Full Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBelfast

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

No need, but they've recently added them to the range, and they've been keen for me to test a set of their tyres. They may have been imagining something more glamorous than a Bluebird, but them's the breaks. I just assumed that high profile tyres had become hard to find based on the fact that the Bluebird was on entirely the wrong tyres. Perhaps the people who looked after it previously were just shit.

It's a lot easier to make a RWD drive car V8 than try to convert a transverse FWD. Ask Rover.

Kinda thought that was the case.

Cheap tyres are everywhere now. Seen a very recent bmw 5 series on ditchfinders the other week. 30k car on OMGDEATHWISH tyres?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users