Dollywobbler's Bluebird - Buy an award winner! £SOLD

dollywobbler

yay, just need to get SiC sorted out with his B-GT and we can all kick back :D

What was wrong with tyres? Directional on t'rong way round?

Bloody well done with it though.

Not so sure I would worry about waterless coolant even if it was free. 

My old antifreeze goes in the oil tank at the local tip along with all the other hazardous liquids

Well, I'm putting my faith in it tomorrow with a business-critical 55-mile trip. I've clocked up about that since I bought it. May take some extra water, as I keep finding leak points - possibly because it was being driven while over-pressurising the cooling system before I got it? Several hose clamps have needed a tweak. Think I've got them all now. Off to a fancy Jaguar do in my shabby Nissan!

Park on a steep uphill and try bleeding again

That's what I've been trying. No shortage of steep hills around here! I've just been out in it again. Will check the coolant level in the morning. Starting to think I might not risk it for this business-critical meeting. I'll use the 2CV instead.

That's what I've been trying. No shortage of steep hills around here! I've just been out in it again. Will check the coolant level in the morning. Starting to think I might not risk it for this business-critical meeting. I'll use the 2CV instead.

chicken!

Only on autoshite - opting to take a 2cv instead of a Nissan because more reliable!

Must catch up on your videos. Go well with a cup of tea before bed

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Remarkably, the Proton video has now been viewed by so many Malaysians that it has paid for the car! They don't seem so interested in Nissan Bluebirds.

Wait/what/how? That is an incredible number of views for the Proton video. Do they worship that particular model over there or something?

Wait/what/how? That is an incredible number of views for the Proton video. Do they worship that particular model over there or something?

Watched your again and link presented to another Proton video with almost 1.5 million views.

I think you need to take it off road when you get it fixed......

I'm not really about trashing cheap old motors though. Though I have recently found a local Autotest club...

Not to trash it, more to see if it can make it up the roads you took your Disco on.

Make the title Proton off-roading and see if you can get a million views. 

To get this back on track, went out in the Bluebird this morning. Heater still lukewarm at best, but most often entirely cold. GR-8 4 DEMISTIN. Not aided by a sunroof that appears to leak...

I just cannot get the heater to be actually hot. I reckon there's air trapped in it, because I can hear bubbles when I rev the engine. Then I'll get a little bit of heat, but it doesn't last long. I tried parking it nose-up, and burping the heater pipes. Both pipes felt warm, but no warmth. Hoping I haven't just got a borked heater matrix as that's a job I really don't fancy.

I completely and utterly blocked the matrix on my 190e.  Like - properly.  NOTHING I did could get it unblocked.  When the headgasket was done, I moaned to the garage about it - and it came back to me roasting hot.  From memory they reversed the hoses and chucked something inside to breakdown the gunk.

No idea what it was sadly, but a quick google search comes up with a few ideas.