UMM..... Portugal?

Guest Breadvan72

Firstly, if even I can bleed brakes, it can't be that hard. And that'd be the first thing I'd do. 

'Course, it could be that you've got glazed and/or shit-quality discs and pads, so I'd swap your fronts as my step two.

And obviously do the same with your drums - I'd not be at all surprised if their linings were falling to bits and/or the drums themselves are scored/pitted/made of cheese. 

To replace the entire braking surfaces (pads, drums, linings, discs) would only cost you £200, maybe a good deal less, and take you maybe a morning, but it would involve you doing mechanicing stuff. On the upside, you'd feel like Edd China once you were done.

Guest Breadvan72

I am not even going to attempt to fix the brakes myself.  I have learned from the past that I can't fix cars, and tend when I try to fix them to make them worse than they were before I started.   For me to attempt to fix a safety critical item on a car would be a bad idea.  Also, as I am self employed, it makes no economic sense for me even to try to fix cars.

One of the UMM's exhaust hangers has fallen off.  I have fixed that with some webbing for now, and could fit a metal strap in due course, but that sort of thing is about my limit.

Guest Breadvan72

The transfer box works.  I have OVROADED YO  (on one of the few local tracks that is motor-legal).

Also, I stopped to say hello to a local Series 2a that is delightfully faded.

post-5528-0-80195900-1495483276_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-79096600-1495483303_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-30899300-1495483332_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-00081000-1495483352_thumb.jpg