Genuine Granada Greenhouse Gassing Granadaland - The Beast Estate leaves the GGG - Caution: No P6 Content!

Junkman

Since I had to leave for depressing pastures on Monday, Mr Conelrad took possession of the car to get a few more things sorted,

in particular the exhaust, which I managed to bork. Currently it sounds remarkably like Arena Essex in ye goode olde dayse.

And I'm pineappleing it. 

post-17021-0-82895800-1495038521_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-72140600-1495038520_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-71563000-1495038519_thumb.jpg

Nothing is fixed. I connected the electric fan directly to the battery, and it works. I cleaned all the contacts, but it still doesn't come on if I short the sensor on the radiator. Maybe the engine has to be running? idk wtf

I removed the indicator switch to see why it doesn't self cancel. It feels like a small part is missing inside the switch, because the steering wheel is pushing the little trigger as it should. idk lol

Now to see why the horn/hazards fuse blows. I disconnected the horns, hazard switch, relay, flasher unit, contact thing on steering wheel, etc etc. Fuse still blows despite me disconnecting everything on that circuit. idk omg

Oh, hang on. I forgot about the towbar! That might be interfering with the hazard circuit maybe. I wonder what the wiring is like for the towbar.

post-17021-0-20690900-1495051413_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-05287500-1495051414_thumb.jpg

post-17021-0-06384300-1495051415_thumb.jpg

Towbars. idk ffs

OMFG! That wiring looks shit!

Can't say I've ever looked at that, auto electrics are total voodoo to me and I fucking hate them. That's why I avoid touching it like the plague.

Some useless sod has been at this before though without a doubt, when I bought it there was masses of a mystery red wire leading around the engine bay and through the cabin to the back. Part of it might still be coiled up in the bit below the windscreen. It wasnt connected to anything and I couldn't find any trace of what it was for or why someone had bothered putting it in so I unpicked it from the cars loom and got rid of most of it. There was a lot of it though!

Guest Breadvan72

Annoyingly, the big barn is rented out to some bloke who has posh stuff in there.  I would love to get my hands on it to store rusty and worthless heaps, but the bloke unsportingly hogs the space to store things worth megabucks.

I should have finagled Conrad and Junkman to hot wire my ride on mower, as I have stupidly lost its key.  The bloke who usually cuts the grass while I am at work has legged it, so the place is looking like a jungle. I'll cut the grass myself if I can find the bloody key or get a new key and barrel from the internet.

There's surprisingly little information about these cars on the internet. 

I have been trying to confirm what exhaust clamps I need to buy, but I cannot find anyone who will tell me what size the U clamps are. I have the number for the sealing rings, but there must be some kind of clamp there too but what kind? Loose flange type I assume. 

There's surprisingly little information about these cars on the internet.

There is a weird correlation with these cars and the internet, era wise.

- While there was information needed, there was no internet yet.

- Once the internet was invented, there was no information needed, because these cars weren't fixed, but replaced.

- Now that there is information needed again, there aren't enough cars left to justify putting it on the internet.

With 16 of them under my belt, there isn't much I haven't experienced with them, but the thing is, that up to very recently,

this example would have been raced, plain and simple.

So yes, the defects are all too familiar, but since they were never mended, there isn't really any knowledge about how to do it.