Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genuine Granada Greenhouse Gassing Granadaland - The Beast Estate joined the GGG - Caution: No P6 Content!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 OFFLINE   danthecapriman

danthecapriman

• Full Members
  • 2,723 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationWaterlooville, Hampshire

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

I'll have a look around for the bits down here JM, next time I'm in town I'll see if the guy I got the car from is still there. Maybe he still has all the parts, or even a car to strip?
Are any of you on Ovalchat? Might be worth a wanted ad?

There's one headlamp glass in the box of goodies in the boot. I don't know which side it goes or if it's LHD or RHD I'm afraid, but Dan might. Also the missing bit of side rubbing strip.

That spare headlight glass is a RHD one (Drivers side I think?) I had to replace the headlight a while back as the silvering had gone, I managed to get hold of a new old stock genuine one but kept the old glass just incase.
I think there's a full set of new door glass weatherstrips in the boot too, since your doing the windows...

I put a new pair of front calipers and pads on this too not too long before you guys bought it. And it's had new rear shoes and cylinders before that. Most of that stuff had to come in from Germany. There's much more available over there for some reason?

Are you planning on taking this over to the continent then Junkman? I bet these are brilliant for that sort of trip.
  • Skizzer and Junkman like this
1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 429 V8
1974 Ford Capri 1.6 L
1984 Ford Transit 2.0 100L LWB high roof
1988 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE estate

#92 OFFLINE   Skizzer

Skizzer

• Full Members
  • 5,349 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationMumbles

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 PM

You might remember "I" repaired the Rover's electronic ignition by waiting until a random passer by stopped and fixed it for me. Well, I saw the same chap passing by today so I pointed him in the direction of the Granada. 

Lightning.  Twice.  

Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers please?

• Junkman likes this
75N Vauxhall 2300S | 76P Renault 16TL | 79T Rover 3500 | 82X Lancia Gamma Coupé | 82Y Jaguar XJ-S HE | 83A Jaguar Sovereign 4.2 | 84B Talbot-Matra Rancho | 91H Audi 80 2.0E | 91J VW Golf Rivage cabrio | 99T Land Rover Discovery V8 | 06 Alfa Brera 2.2JTS | 14 BMW 428i

Please don't help crowdfund the running of the AS community Ford Sierra base at www.paypal.me/sierrabase

#93 OFFLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Okay, it seems to be working properly now. No need to change the carb. It started from (almost) completely cold on the second attempt just now. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning when it's had the night to properly cool off. 

Lightning.  Twice.  

Can you tell me next week's lottery numbers please?

I don't know about twice... he also saw this gorgeous radio in my garage. I told him it didn't work and I couldn't figure out why.

radio.jpg

He took it away, and a week later it was returned in complete working order. 

• richardthestag, danthecapriman, Skizzer and 3 others like this

#94 OFFLINE   Junkman

Junkman

Salad is what food eats

• Full Members
  • 34,862 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationStockport, England

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Who is that guy?

1970 Rover P6 V8..........................................................blue in colour
1970 Rover P6 V8........................................................white in colour
1971 Mercedes 280SE............................................................fucked
1979 Mobylette AV89............................................................running

1985 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X......................................The Beast Estate
1991 Jaguar 4.0 Sovereign.........................with fresh MoT and fucked wings
1997 Peugeot 405 2.0 Executive Estate...................................almost mint

#95 OFFLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted Today, 02:20 PM

This morning: 

• richardthestag, danthecapriman, Junkman and 3 others like this

#96 OFFLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

Who is that guy?

An example of the kindness of P6 owners. 

• Junkman likes this

#97 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 1,781 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

Belt squeal aside - that is quite a roar to be greeted with first thing in the morning, and totally befitting of a man who is wearing a pin stripe.

Top efforts.

• richardthestag likes this

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  206k|   1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet.  97k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  179k|   1990 Volvo 240 GL.  110k|   1983 Sierra bASe.  153k|

#98 OFFLINE   Junkman

Junkman

Salad is what food eats

• Full Members
  • 34,862 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted Today, 02:34 PM

Belt squeal must go.

Any idea which of the countless belts makes the racket, Mr Conelrad?

1970 Rover P6 V8..........................................................blue in colour
1970 Rover P6 V8........................................................white in colour
1971 Mercedes 280SE............................................................fucked
1979 Mobylette AV89............................................................running

1985 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X......................................The Beast Estate
1991 Jaguar 4.0 Sovereign.........................with fresh MoT and fucked wings
1997 Peugeot 405 2.0 Executive Estate...................................almost mint

#99 OFFLINE   richardthestag

richardthestag

• Full Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationBuckinghamshite and Devonshite

Posted Today, 02:39 PM

a jet of wd40 on each belt in turn

when it suddenly goes quiet the belt you just lubed is the dead un.

for the sake of pissing on fireworks etc I tend to swap the lot on Rangie when one starts to chatter.

Invariably they are all showing signs of cracking wear

• Junkman likes this

Shitroen C4 GP 2006 1.6HDi - Wife's daily

Pug 307 - son's daily runner

Range Rover Vogue 1993 - my daily runner

Daewoo Matiz 2002 - Sold

Jaguar x308 Sovereign 4 litre - nicked by Fathathestag might be up 4sayle soon

Triumph Staaag 1973 - cheaper than a mistress.. just

Range Rover 1972 - ongoing extensive restoration

Range Rover 1972 - complete shed but in line for restoration

Land Rover SIIa SWB - belongs to Fathathestag but maintained and welded by me

BMW E46 318i touring - sold to hhhugues

#100 OFFLINE   Junkman

Junkman

Salad is what food eats

• Full Members
  • 34,862 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

The method is also Junkman approved, but I feel I'm already straining Mr Conelrad's good will.

He did a wonderful job helping me out of a tight spot so far.

However, the WD40 method often leads to belts staying on much longer...

• richardthestag likes this

#101 OFFLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

The belt squeal is on my list. 

Another couple of small but useless advancements today. The boot light now comes on manually, but not when the boot (or any of the doors) is opened. No electrons in the wire. 

And I have got the central locking to reliably unlock all the doors. Unfortunately it will not lock all the doors, so it's actually less convenient than when it was just broken.

• richardthestag, danthecapriman, Junkman and 1 other like this

#102 OFFLINE   danthecapriman

danthecapriman

• Full Members
  • 2,723 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationWaterlooville, Hampshire

Posted Today, 03:21 PM

Brilliant progress Conrad.
Love the cold start vid, that cars never started so well before!
1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 429 V8
1974 Ford Capri 1.6 L
1984 Ford Transit 2.0 100L LWB high roof
1988 Volvo 740 2.3 GLE estate

#103 OFFLINE   Junkman

Junkman

Salad is what food eats

• Full Members
  • 34,862 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted Today, 03:52 PM

What was the central locking issue?

And don't worry about it not reliably locking them all, it will after a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users