The PBK Beetle - get it bought!

purplebargeken

Right, virtually all I have is up for sale. Ongoing physical health shit a contributing factor but also new physical health shit is an issue as is potentially unpleasant physical health shit for which I am having two cameras shoved down my throat and up the wazoo on Sunday. Fleet rationalisation is need to occur. This will need to be done fairly sharpish.

So.

1. The Alfa. 2.4JTD sportwagon. 166,000 odd miles, cosmetically tatty but pulls like a train. I have swapped the tacho over and have a new battery to fit, hopefully this will stop the slow drain issue. I have fitted black leather to the car. Like I said, it's tatty but is good to drive, comfy and a bit practical. Tidy it up or ?? £300 sound ok?

2. VW Beetle 2001 - can't recall the mileage. It's ok, still has a bit of MOT. It's dark grey with beige vinyl wrap in places - sides, bootlid and doors. Needs a passenger window mechanism cos a bit erratic and an O2 sensor. Runs lovely. Little bit of bodywork fettling but nothing major. Insurance marker on it at some point but looks bloody ok to me. Looking at £285. Won't be getting any cheaper :)

3. The Amazon. Ex PC car. It is a pale beigey colour with dark red interior. Carpet and new seatbelts front and rear. I fitted a near perfect vinyl dash top to it. Had fugging shedloads of money spent on it re: engine, sports exhaust and downpipe, carbs, shocks, OD, Halogen headlights, lecky fan and more. Proper rally type reversing light fitted and has a towbar. Is basically a GT in 4 door version. Needs a little bit of tidying on the bodywork front. Still has some 'get you home' MOT. I swapped the shit seats for very good seats, so the interior is a much happier place to sit. Drives nicely and is more than happy on the motorway. Looking at £3500 ovno.

4. Golf 1.6CL. Gti interior, new thermostat and housing, new exhaust. Drives ace, Interior is good. No smell of dog. Bonnet and roof tatty will need painting or not. £300 or so.

Cheers

Ken

Cheers everybody. The arthritis is what it is, kind of used to it. The Obstructive Sleep Apnea and the CPAP machine are possibly car hindering but will discuss on 15th March. Hopefully I might actually feel a shed load better with CPAP.  

The bowel symptoms are the main concern and remain an unknown quantity. Could be anything and nothing (hiatus hernia, IBS, etc but it is a worry. No appetite, constantly feel full, if I do eat anything I feel full after a really small amount, and it is painful etc, etc. Irritating.

GP, hospital and so on have been ace. GP consult on the Friday, appt slapped on the mat on the Saturday and appt on the Tuesday. Less than 2 weeks wait for the scopes. 

Discussed with Mrs PBK about the cars last night and decision made.

Ok, the Alfa. It's the 2.4JTD. It is a great engine, everything works. Black leather interior, mostly fitted (just a couple of bits to do. 

It had a battery drain issue which needed a replacement tacho (it's an Alfa thing). New battery fitted.

Smells ever so slightly of dog. The leather seats came out of another Alfa that was used to transport dogs. I will continue to clean it and so on. The bodywork is a bit tatty in places and has many scratches on the drivers side. A previous owner must have really pissed someone off. I replaced an upper front wishbone which rattled like several copulating skeletons in a biscuit tin. It has a goodly amount of MOT. A friend thought he was doing the right thing by coating the sills in black stuff. I was horrified as it was just surface rust and I wanted to clean it up and repaint it. 

It's like a junkyard dog, looks a bit raggedy but will rip your face off if antagonised. I think of that as a positive attribute.

Just over 166,000 miles but the engine pulls like a bloody train.