The PBK Beetle - get it bought!

purplebargeken

Cheers everybody. The arthritis is what it is, kind of used to it. The Obstructive Sleep Apnea and the CPAP machine are possibly car hindering but will discuss on 15th March. Hopefully I might actually feel a shed load better with CPAP.  

The bowel symptoms are the main concern and remain an unknown quantity. Could be anything and nothing (hiatus hernia, IBS, etc but it is a worry. No appetite, constantly feel full, if I do eat anything I feel full after a really small amount, and it is painful etc, etc. Irritating.

GP, hospital and so on have been ace. GP consult on the Friday, appt slapped on the mat on the Saturday and appt on the Tuesday. Less than 2 weeks wait for the scopes. 

Discussed with Mrs PBK about the cars last night and decision made.

Sounds identical to the symptoms I had with a stomach ulcer a good few years back, especially the horrible 'full' feeling after virtually eating fuck all.  Took a good few months to clear up, and very unpleasant, but at least it wasn't particularly serious.  They reckoned mine was due to bacteria in the gut, and something called De-Nol anti-bismuth solution finally cleared it up (quite quickly.)  

P.S. If you're having an endoscopy for god's sake get sedated first, it was one of the worst experiences if my life.

Ken, I wasn't joking.  You made it clear in the original post that the Alfa needs a bit of love; that's fine, I expect that!  This is AS remember, we understand that cars wear out/get damaged.  I think every car I've ever owned had a bit of a "history" before it came to me.  Many didn't have a history after me, as I was the last owner, which makes me sad.  That said: this is AS, it shouldn't be difficult to punt a car round again if I don't like/need/want it.

Go on, Roffle. You know you want to.

4, 16 and 59 please.

Wife had endoscopy too, get put out completely if you can, under no circumstances let them tell you that you don't need it.

Unless you swallow swords as a pass time.

I have had 2,the first i was out,the second awake.Go for the sedation every time,awake horrible but quicker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...