The Car Show - BBC2 - NOW 17th May @ 7.30pm...

retrogeezer

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I hadn't watched that. Littered with errors (it's not a FUCKING ROBIN! And that was not a Mk2 Jag either) and full of really, REALLY irritating idiots (you're spot on about Penny Mallory - I thought Mike Brewer was the biggest idiot on that show but I'm not so sure now!).Also annoying is how VBH still does it for me. She's really irritating but there's something very sexy about her neckline - and her ability to hang the tail out.I should have stuck with the cricket...

That's the thing. I look at her and think "naaah, I don't think so" yet there's always a "hmmm, then again..." thought lingering in my mind. I can't explain it. Maybe, a bit like autoshite, there's a hidden beauty underneath the awkward looks. Maybe VBH is a Hyundai Pony. Pickup.

The show was terrible, for the errors dolly mentioned, and the ill-informed talking heads, like that nasally-voiced comedian.VBH however isn't unappealing, apart from her irritating laugh

Naah that's her best......bit.But then I'm odd.

That's the thing. I look at her and think "naaah, I don't think so" yet there's always a "hmmm, then again..." thought lingering in my mind. I can't explain it.

I would, I'd imagine she would be a bit nympho after I imbued her with a load of cheap cider. I remember she used to be in Max Power (before it went all shit, not that it was any good like).

Some boring minority sport like football, which NOBODY is interested in, overran & kicked it out of touch (useful phrase, where does it come from?) the first week it was meant to be shown.

As you say, it was an hour's pointing out that real car programmes would bore 98.9% of the population and that Top Gear is a comedy show with three blokey middle-aged, middle class chaps who hate pooftahs but love each other to bits. I too, gave wife & cats the 'It's not a Reliant Robin' lecture. The posh blonde bird who can drive is a bit like Tara Palmer-Tompkinson with a brain (or at least a sober version which is quite boring actually).

They did, however, show a few tantalising clips of wonderful stuff, especially the ads and that 60s Man's World, or whatever it was called, which looked like a sketch from Harry & Paul. All the Noel Edmonds clips were also worth their weight in gold, especially when he was explaining the tight seat belt & said he liked seat belts. Oh, yes, and Jeremy Clarkson with hair! Priceless.

ill-informed talking heads, like that nasally-voiced comedian.

Fuck me, wasn't he irritating? A bit like a cut price Mick Jagger albeit without the talent/charm. Not as annoying as that wanker Tom Ford though, that's Olympic standard twattery.If you thought Penny Mallory looked ropey on TV, you should see her in real life. Jaaaayzussss.............. :shock: I don't mind VBH, she's just as Gung Ho in real life so none of it is put on.Who is Jason Dawe? :?: