Database: *NEW NEWS: TUESDAY 23/05/2017 PLEASE READ*

daveb47

Yeah, but I actually understood all that!

Big thanks to Stanky, Slartibart, Billy, and DaveB4Mike for the hard work. VERY much appreciated.

Appreciated and thanks, but it really is down to the hard work of Stanky and Slarty. As Nettyhair correctly spotted, they know what they're typing, we're just messengers!

That`s excellent news Cav... thank you to all concerned.

Excellent. What are the running costs looking like going forward? Not after full profit-and-loss accounting, but would be nice to have an idea so I can have a think about what to contribute.

^^^^^^^  + 1

Settle, petal, as the man said:

Once the changeover has taken place we'll get a sticky post added to the top of the main forum with a breakdown of running costs and a link to a GoFundMe page for those who wish to contribute.

acb.jpg

It'll all happen. It's looking positive.

Just thought i would pop in & check progress,,Not a lot it seems.

3 weeks & still running on my server which i paid an extra month on to stop any downtime.ip 107.150.45.138.

Another month due shortly,do i need to continue paying this to keep site up or  is new server that is being paid for by all these donations going to materialise soon.

Not bothered to be honest but need to know.

And to think i took all of 1 and a bit days to totally rebuild & install my server & all hell broke loose.

Just hope things work out.

Hi Dave, many thanks for the heads up. Could you specify the exact renewal date so we have a deadline to work towards?

The transition has taken a while for a few reasons:

1. We wanted a physical server in a data centre we can actually visit. This took longer to provision than a server from a mass market hosting provider based somewhere international would have done, but has advantages that we think were worth the wait.

2. We're not moving to a like for like platform. The legacy platform relied on cpanel/apache. The new one is nginx. This saves in licensing fees and is more performant. However it's not a straight forward transition.

3. I am risk averse and won't do anything before I've tested it to death first.

I really appreciate everyone's patience, especially yours Dave, and thanks for all the help you've provided me and Stanky so far.

Everyone's patience astonishes me considering the shit from Dave.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So this shit must include keeping forum online since i packed it all in......

Spending money keeping forum alive....

Some people really amaze me to be honest.