Ruffgeezer's Volvo V70 blunder bus. .. Phoenix Shites?

ruffgeezer

Guest Breadvan72

Right well I rotated that on my phone and re uploaded it but it's still wonky.

I find that I have to save the pic onto my laptop, edit it on there, and then post it here.  Some people say that the sideways photo bollocks is caused by the way in which way you hold the phone when papping, but if that is so, how come most photies come out upright, but some lie down?  I R TECHNOBAFFLD.  Some say it's an iPhone thing, but my phone is a Windysfon (because Gates good, Jobs terrible).

By the way, I tried downloading your pic, editing it, and saving it, but it still comes out sideways.

I R DUBLE TECHNOBAFFLD.

Anyway, have you arrived yet? 

PS:  got it to work.  I R STIL TREBLE TECHNOBAFFLD.

post-5528-0-14789100-1494048012_thumb.png

The problem with the pictures, as far as I can see:

- they are .PNG format rather than the usual .jpg that comes out of most cameras

- they are absolutely huge - nearer to 2 Megabytes than a couple of hundred Kilobytes (10 times too big)

These two combined mean the pictures take an age to download and process.

Use a photo-editing program or something like Paint in the Accessories section of a PC to change the size of the pictures to, for example, 500 pixels wide and change the format to .jpg using "Save As"

The editing program will also allow you to rotate the picture before saving

Guest Breadvan72

- they are .PNG format rather than the usual .jpg that comes out of most cameras

- they are absolutely huge - nearer to 2 Megabytes than a couple of hundred Kilobytes (10 times too big)

Use a photo-editing program or something like Paint in the Accessories section of a PC to change the size of the pictures to, for example, 500 pixels wide and change the format to .jpg using "Save As"

The OP's photos are big PNGs.  My phone makes small jpgs, but still encounters at random the falling sideways issue.

Guest Breadvan72

It's always  fab to be treated like a 97 year old who has just been given a PC being addressed by a 9 year old computer whizz.    What?  Rotate the photos and save them?  Wow, who would have thought of that, eh?    Meanwhile, I am curious about why some pics go sideways at the outset, but others don't.

Guest Hooli

Meanwhile, I am curious about why some pics go sideways at the outset, but others don't.

Jpegs have an 'upright' flag in the metadata telling computers which way up to display them, but almost nobody (except apple oddly) uses it correctly. Hence different kit gets confused when display pictures taken on other kit that should all meet the same standards. It doesn't help that some phones etc randomly tag them the wrong way around as that's how they think they were taken, even when they weren't.

Guest Breadvan72

Get off that sofa, man!  We need you outside, in your socks and kecks, taking happy snappies of some skanky heap.

I'm voting French, and, if I'm right and it's a Frenchy, I hope that your voiture nouvelle ancienne is more Macron than Le Pen.   Vive le Merde!