Any love here for a nomad? NOW SOLD

chodweaver

Right, the important bit

You probably know this already, but Dry rot is bad. Affects timber obviously, but travels across brickwork and any thing else it contacts.

Needs expert treatment really. Rip it all out well past the affected bits, treat everything, isolate new timber from the existing brickwork, cure the damp that caused it in the first place. Water down chimney would be a good place to start.

Good thing is that when its all back down again no-one knows.

Right now I've got that off my chest.

Suspected the body might be cut down on the Nomad, EDIT, its not cut down they have just filled a bit in, but if seating capacity and body type is not on V5 then as dry rot no one knows really.

I could take it on, but it makes no sense whatever, therefore my top offer is £50, either towards someone else buying, or for me to pick it up.

I would like to see it saved though.

a fellow rickman owner 8)

No longer got mine. Wanted it, bought it, didn't want it, sold it.

That's why I'm reticent about the Nomad. Don't even want it in the first place, but it's ill and I know I could soon make it well again.

Bought a 75 now and still got enough cash to buy another when it breaks.

Right, the important bit

You probably know this already, but Dry rot is bad. Affects timber obviously, but travels across brickwork and any thing else it contacts.

Needs expert treatment really. Rip it all out well past the affected bits, treat everything, isolate new timber from the existing brickwork, cure the damp that caused it in the first place. Water down chimney would be a good place to start.

Good thing is that when its all back down again no-one knows.

Right now I've got that off my chest.

Suspected the body might be cut down on the Nomad, EDIT, its not cut down they have just filled a bit in, but if seating capacity and body type is not on V5 then as dry rot no one knows really.

I could take it on, but it makes no sense whatever, therefore my top offer is £50, either towards someone else buying, or for me to pick it up.

I would like to see it saved though.

Thanks for this. I'm talking to the insurers at the moment and getting it assessed - there's a question as to whether it was started by a sewer failure a year ago that got pretty bad before it was spotted and sorted. But the chimney is a good call - I have no idea what is going on in that chimney breast or up top...

I know what you mean about the body style - I'd assumed it could be built as a pickup or a moke style four seater - hence the vestigial rear door cutouts that aren't on this one. I need to dig out the construction manual and see - may post up scans of it for lols.

There does seem to be a lot of consortia/crowdfunding goodwill about at the mo. I'll be moving it out from the back of the house at the weekend and will make a better analysis of what it needs. I know niece would rather it didn't get carved up for mini bits or scrapped and while I try to not get  attached to stuff, it's not worked.

Why is everything really cool and practical so far away? This would be perfect for work but with 2 other cars in the process of being restored and 4 others "floating" around I cannot take it on right now.  I will match Mallys offer of £50 if the buyer wants it on the understanding that if they ever sell it I will get 2nd refusal after Mally if it is sold on and a run out in it when it is back on the road.

Thanks for this. I'm talking to the insurers at the moment and getting it assessed - there's a question as to whether it was started by a sewer failure a year ago that got pretty bad before it was spotted and sorted. But the chimney is a good call - I have no idea what is going on in that chimney breast or up top...

Don't mention the Chimney to anyone.

No doubt the insurers will try to blame that, but no point in helping them.

If there are no working fireplaces on that chimney it needs capping some how, but you need ventilation for the chimney as well.

A good builder will sort it.

Would check the bedroom above floor as well, particully if its ever had a fireplace in it.

Don't mention the Chimney to anyone.

No doubt the insurers will try to blame that, but no point in helping them.

If there are no working fireplaces on that chimney it needs capping some how, but you need ventilation for the chimney as well.

A good builder will sort it.

Would check the bedroom above floor as well, particully if its ever had a fireplace in it.

I'd be looking at what underfloor ventilation you can arrange too.

Aye that's a late model XR2 drivers seat fo sho. loads of them found their way into kit cars/bay window campers/Iveco egg vans etc mainly because every other XR2 had Recaros or whatever retrofitted back in the day. Trim-less passenger seat no doubt from the same source.

Aye that's a late model XR2 drivers seat fo sho. loads of them found their way into kit cars/bay window campers/Iveco egg vans etc mainly because every other XR2 had Recaros or whatever retrofitted back in the day. Trim-less passenger seat no doubt from the same source.

Ta. Assuming niece doesn't find the seat bolts, as there's no captive nuts, I guess it should have bolts of the same sort of size as in seat belt mounts, and of high tensile steel?

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk