Mk2 VW Passat Saloon

Grundig

Hello Everybody, 

This has been in my ownership for a while now & has been my daily for nearly two years. The constant earache off Mrs Grundig & need for space has led me to the decision to move this on 

1986 (D reg) 1.8 four cylinder engine (carb is a NOS webber with manual choke) , GL trim level, Jade green metallic paint Grey velour interior (except the headlining as this is missing(but I still have the base board(although its not in very good condition cos fragile innit)

showing its 30 odd years 

Mileage is showing over 309,000 but this is not true as the first digit moves around at its own will 

Temp & fuel gauge have a casual attitude to employment as do 3 of the 4 electric windows (Drivers one works fine) some rust here n there but solid

It has a towbar & single electrics 

MOT sept 2017 & get you home Tax

Location - Cheshire 

OFFERS - space more important than £'s

post-17423-0-20893700-1493720078_thumb.jpg

post-17423-0-08120900-1493720181_thumb.jpg

post-17423-0-23141100-1493720285_thumb.jpg

post-17423-0-01019500-1493720493_thumb.jpg

post-17423-0-33802800-1493720584_thumb.jpg

This really should be some sort of 'reverse auction' and therefore offer £100 with the promise it'll be re-advertised for at least 5.5 times that the moment I get home. 

Maybe I'm just stupid because I'm not particularly young anymore;

Where did radios used to go if that box feels the need to proclaim '....custom built in look'?

They fitted behind the dash with the controls left and right coming through and a small letter box poking out the middle, as opposed to the full din size with optional cut out by blind idiot with a butter knife surround.

the full din size with optional cut out by blind idiot with a butter knife surround.

Funny you should say that, that's exactly what the radio installation on my dad's Marina looked like...

Stereo and Passat are both very fabulous.

I'm puzzled by the stereo box artwork: I know Formula One has changed a lot but did the Tyrrell six-wheeler really have a no-brand Japanese radio/cassette fitted?

My friend had the hatch of one of these... lovely torquey motor compared to my 1.6 BX at the time... he'd always be able to get up hills in 3rd where I'd be racing in 2nd...

Carb used to freeze fairly regularly in cold weather... remember waiting for it to unfreeze on the way to Ikea Birmingham.