Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Photo's flatter-there was a crazy paving style paint job and plenty of ripples in those :shock:

Great to see the old Paramount getting some love on here - this one like many survivours has lost its enormous original rear light clusters.

Yeah the originals were as high / long as the bootlid! (yes I have a rear light fetish for all moving objects! :lol: ) I wonder why they changed them? :?
Two reasons I'm guessing:

Posted Image

1. They have a habit of going black really quickly, and

2. A single lens probably costs as much new, if you can find a supplier, as one of those entire replacement BMAC clusters. (But they do pop up on Ebay from time to time)

Going black?? Isn't that what people do to rear lenses deliberately to make them appear sporty? :lol: Unless you mean black as in dirty from all the fumes etc?

Are they separate segments of lense? The eBay picture makes it look like 4 big segments as opposed to one hulking great long light lense like a traffic light lolly!

Either way they suit the vehciles much better & that's what they're meant to have & what we're used to seeing & expecting to see on the arse of a Plaxton Paramount! Substitute lenses just aren't cricket! :P

First group buses round my way seem to acquire random replacement lights both front and rear from time to time, even some buses receiving round headlights when they were originally rectangular! Someone tell them to STOP IT!!!! Paramount is def my favourite Coach of all time, after travelling on Mibland Bluebird examples on Tiger chassis with the wonderful growl of a Gardner engine! Needless to say, I have several models..........

Err...it's time to put my anorak on again, but as that Sierra lacks the dangly mirrors, and appears to be missing the "G" in "GL" on the back, I'd wager that's actually a 2.3V6 rather than the diesel donk :wink:Lush spot nonetheless - and it still has it's original wheeltrims...Seeing another late XM in white reminds me this was a popular colour for some reason - the XM must have been the fastest-depreciating car ever, so why not order it in an unsaleable colour to increase the speed of value shedding!

I'd wager that's actually a 2.3V6 rather than the diesel donk :wink:

Vehicle Registration Mark ODO622YMake FORDModel SIERRA LFuel type DIESELBody Type 5 DOOR HATCHBACKColour WHITEDate of Liability 01 12 2008 Date of First Registration 24 06 1983 Year of Manufacture 1983 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2304CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Heavy Oil Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Wager eh! I bet Ladbrokes has a lot of your shirts :lol:

Isn't that an old spot? I've seen it before from someone!

Yes I put it on feb last year. Now the hedge has been cut down I could get a couple of better pics :D

Whats going on with the front wheel :?:

Posted Image

The last roadworthy mk3 Fiesta I owned did that to me, at just under 40k miles the lower arm balljoint let go at 2mph in Edinburgh city centre late one Friday nite and I had to get the bastaaaad thing recovered the 3 miles back to my place.

Removing and replacing the lower arm is a biyatch of a job when you're doing it at the side of the road on the car's standard jack, took ages to get it lined up and bolted in. However, it did cure the knocking sound that had pervaded throughout the twelve thousand miles and four years that I had been driving it...

I guess the moral of that little tale is, do NOT ignore knocking noises from the suspension! I had the same thing happen to me in a Mk 3 Cortina, less than a month after it had passed it's MoT. Mercifully, I was reversing out of the garage at the time- the blood runs cold at the thought that it could easily have happened the previous day, when I'd been flying along the A170 at 80mph!

• 4 weeks later...