Beige BX - Autoshite joint purchase ACHIEVED - funders/fixers/sarcastic commenters SOUGHT

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Some of the notes that accompanied some of the money.

Assorted unknown shiters (gave real names but not AS names, some called Dave, some not) 

Please take this money & stop the late night phone calls  

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not being able to attend your 3rd wedding. I wish I could find the time to do so, but after the last two wedding and stag dos (in as many years), I find myself still suffering from the "excessive refreshments" we had in Vegas...plus the fact that it was merely 3 months ago. Wishing you all the very best, Eddie :)

Glad to be able to help you fund your dream operation;)

For the beige!

Donation for Sausagefest!

Please actually use this to buy tinned beans & sausages from Asda as you promised. Try cutting down on loose cars and fast women, maybe then you'll be able to buy your own food.

Purplebargeken signed his one, and scores well with - 

Refund of your initial deposit for the new 'sex robot'. Regards PBK  

Packed the jumper cables and off I went to the lock up.

With jumpers on, it started without a single whinge. Raised itself nicely pretty much straight away.

Got out and had to quickly get back in because I noticed straight away a first point to put on the 'to do' list before going for MOT.

post-19541-0-48501900-1494004866_thumb.jpg

Fuel leak.

Comes from just under the drivers seat but I won't see exactly where from until I put it up on axle stands.

Should I just get some fuel pipes or should I find the leak first?

I didn't run it long enough to see anything else...

Tomorrow - bring axle stands.

Guest Breadvan72

This is just to say that I haven't forgotten about trying to get the ownership group together, but I have been beset by work and by some fairly testing family blah (refreshingly, not of my own making for a change).  I shall get around to it.  In a bit.  

For the time being, we know that the BX is in good hands, and is mostly kipping furiously inside a lock up.  I don't mind staying on as sort of temporary non established interim deputy acting assistant intern informal group secretary (AKA 2 i/c Latrines), but without a share in the car, but will only do that if the eventual owners want that.   EDIT:  soz, change of plan - see below.

If Le Pen wins, the BX is to be filled with exploding cheese and ram-raided into the Elysee Palace.  If Macron wins, the BX is to appear on French postage stamps as an emblem of Gallic greatness.   As General Cambronne famously said at Waterloo (which is near Brussels, IIRC):  "Merde!"

If Le Pen wins, the BX is to be filled with exploding cheese and ram-raided into the Elysee Palace.  If Macron wins, the BX is to appear on French postage stamps as an emblem of Gallic greatness.   As General Cambronne famously said at Waterloo (which is near Brussels, IIRC):  "Merde!"

Un plan merveilleux!

However, because he was a Staffordshire lad, I do have to declare a preference for the Marquis of Anglesey's contemporaneous observation regarding his recently-departed leg.

Guest Breadvan72

Or, as Wellington famously (didn't) say -

"It was the nearest run thing I ever saw in my life, but, next to a BX scrapped/hipster-garden-ornamented, the saddest thing is a BX saved." 

Excellent. The colour coordination with the truck is almost too much. 

I agree about the tailblazer. It looks utterly shit on this thing. Flog it, add the funds to the pot. If it isn't cracked, it'll fetch surprising coin.

YOU ARE JUST SO WRONG! THE TAILBLAZER LOOKS ALL THE MORE AWESOME FOR IT BEING SO OUT OF PLACE ON A POV SPEC

Guest Breadvan72

Owing to work and family commitments, I won't be able to take any further role in relation to the BX groupie thing.  I have a few extra quid sent in by people, and I will transfer that to stilOrange.  I suggest that those who wish to form a group (maybe this should be people who have already contributed money or could fix the car for nowt, but that's just what I think and not any sort of rule) should contact stillOrange, unless he has already retired with the car to an exclusive tax haven (Rhyl) to spaff all the loot on top cardigan models and the finest Lidl ciders.

Many thanks to all who contributed.  It's been great, beigeists!

stillOrange seems defacto owner of this now, I personally have no problem with that - my small donation was without very many expectations and certainly no rights.

I probably 'own' a screw on Elly too (no innuendo intended!), and that's paid back in spades watching DW's project come back together.

How about....if it doesn't need a lot to get back on the road, and StillOrange is happy with this, it is roffled once it has 12 months test? Price would be whatever it costs to get back on the road + some margin for any time spent (this isn't wheeler dealers after all, time has a cost in the real world for SO I'm sure!)

A step further could be that anyone who has already contributed gets a free ticket (which would need to be factored in to the overall asking price) - but that's probably over complicated.

Any thoughts? Just putting out an idea into the world folks don't flame me to death!

(Maybe SO just wants to keep it!)

I'm certainly not the owner.

Do not feel like one and I hope I don't act like one either.

I can only apologise about the lack of progress for now.

The future is obviously down to all part owners. BV kindly offered to make up a list.

Let me try to MOT it unless someone want to take the car into their hands.

I'm sure BV will clarify (and quote some Latin on the way) ;-)

Owing to work and family commitments, I won't be able to take any further role in relation to the BX groupie thing.  I have a few extra quid sent in by people, and I will transfer that to stilOrange.  I suggest that those who wish to form a group (maybe this should be people who have already contributed money or could fix the car for nowt, but that's just what I think and not any sort of rule) should contact stillOrange, unless he has already retired with the car to an exclusive tax haven (Rhyl) to spaff all the loot on top cardigan models and the finest Lidl ciders.

Many thanks to all who contributed.  It's been great, beigeists!

Sounds like he's having nothing more to do with it. I would suggest going with stillOrange's suggestion of presenting it for an MOT and taking it from there.

Looks like there are now a couple of potential fettling days in the offing, does anyone else fancy joining in? LHM-filled fun!