Beige BX - Autoshite joint purchase ACHIEVED - funders/fixers/sarcastic commenters SOUGHT

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Doesn't become true by repeating it over and over again.

Sigh.  Barrack Room lawyers.  Thanks for your helpful contribution.  

Guest Breadvan72

He who asserts must prove.   Please go ahead.  Chapter and verse would be good.  BTW, we are talking about a car that is from the 1980s, not a new car.

You don't need insurance to pay VED.  The post office counter person will want to see evidence of an MOT, and checks this electronically. The DVLA VED-buying site checks DVLA records for evidence of an MoT.   Insurance is not checked.  It used to be.  

Guest Breadvan72

Running account now stands at 500 paid out, 310 paid in.  Many thanks to all for being so positive about this caper.  Those who have only come here to snipe know what they can do to themselves. 

Guest Breadvan72

In this case, accepting your assertion that VED is a tax, yeah, you do. Feel free to try buying VED without a valid MOT cert but don't be surprised when (not if) the site refuses to take your money.

Could his argument really be that pedantic?  "Oh!  You said tax.  I get a bill from HMRC even though my car has no MoT.  Therefore I win the internet". Surely even Junkman would not be that absurd? 

Guest Breadvan72

Except for viewers in Northern Ireland.

(Genuine and non snarky) thanks for the clarification.  I can haz not know that, but now I do!

Guest Breadvan72

PP deets, pliz thankyoo, and filthy lucre will be transferred fifthwith.

Bung me a PM, thanks, and I will reply later on.  Am just out in van to collect a table.  Vanny van is vanny!

Never in eleventy trillion years. Polish it at Shitefest?

Id have to spend half a day on decontamination and washing, although I expect the closet 2 bucket right uns here will lend a hand. Plus if I bring all the kit I'll have no space to sleep in the car, nor have time to stand around chatting bollocks to everyone all day which is what I enjoy about shitefest

(Genuine and non snarky) thanks for the clarification. I can haz not know that, but now I do!

I only know about it since I take half an interest in what goes on the other side of the border.

There was something else to do with my lorry/bus theory test that was different in NI, but I can't remember what it was. May have been something to do with reporting accidents or something like that.

I wouldn't of expected you to know owt about it anyway because jurisdictions.

Guest Breadvan72

I promise that only half will go on the below.  The other half I'll waste [/old gag]

true-happiness-comes-from-snorting-coke-

Absolutely awesome stuff, well done Mr breadvan.

Unfortunately I am skinty bad right now due to small people and have my own shonky shitroen to MOT.

If you still have this next month I'll bung some cash for washer fluid or something.

Absolutely no interest in ownership duties given wife's current position on amount of shite gathered already....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Guest Breadvan72

500 paid out, 490 paid in, so including my 50 quid contribution the project is now in the money by 40 notes.    

I suggest a moderate late noughties Pauillac.