Beige BX - Autoshite joint purchase ACHIEVED - funders/fixers/sarcastic commenters SOUGHT

Guest Breadvan72

Only known details are in the advert in the opening post. Someone here knows the seller, I think. Joining the BX FB group may allow direct contact.

Yes the car has been posted up on the Bx Fb page,and the current owner has explained the detail of the cars potential fate..slightly bizarre as it might seem.....:-? I'll chuck 20 quid in to the pot to help the cause.

Breadvan72, on 01 May 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:Breadvan72, on 01 May 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

NB Aeroplanes NOT INCLUDED - not even the Nazi one.

post-3924-0-76901900-1493556574.jpg

That's not a Nazi plane... it's a Slepcev Storch, a modern Serbian 3/4 scale ultralight recreation of the WWII-era German Fieseler Fi-156 Storch.

Here's a full pic of it:

9830d0be30397240e612694aabf1509a.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

That's not a Nazi plane... it's a Slepcev Storch, a modern Serbian 3/4 scale ultralight recreation of the WWII-era German Fieseler Fi-156 Storch.

Here's a full pic of it:

9830d0be30397240e612694aabf1509a.jpg

FFS, it's a Nazi aeroplane.  Clue 1: do some basic historical research about the real Storch.  Clue 2: Look at the thing on the fin.  If need be, use Google!

Note that the scale replica comes from Serbia.  Getting it?

As for private pilots who choose to decorate old or, worse, NEW aeroplanes with such insignia, words fail me.    The same sort of people probably think it cool to have gollywogs.  And, no, I am not all about excising history.  The exact opposite.  

Apols to be grumpy about this, but I think there's a serious point.  

Have you noticed how at WW2 re-enactor meetings there are always more people in Waffen SS uniforms than there are people in battledress? 

Guest Breadvan72

Back on topic, the BX is temporarily mine, but I am only a transient custodian, and will never actually have it in my possession.  It can stay in its hangar until the end of May for nothing.  After that, staying in the hanger will cost £30 a month. 

The hangar is close to Lancaster, near the M6.   The seller recommends that the car be trailered, although it starts, rises, drives, stops, and falls.

If need be, I will raffle the car on here.   But I hope that the original plan will proceed. 

Breadvan72, on 01 May 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:Breadvan72, on 01 May 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

FFS, it's a Nazi aeroplane.  Clue 1: do some basic historical research about the Storch.  Clue 2: Look at the thing on the fin.  If need be, use Google!

Note that the scale replica comes from Serbia.  Getting it?

As for private pilots who choose to decorate old or, worse, NEW aeroplanes with such insignia, words fail me.    The same sort of people probably think it cool to have gollywogs.  And, no, I am not all about excising history.  The exact opposite.  

Like I said, it's a modern Slepcev Storch. They first started production in Australia. Does that require "getting" as well?

And while we're on the subject of things that can't choose their political affiliation, here's a pic of the Nazi Turtle from Mighty Boosh:

I+give+you+the+nazi+turtlethe+fresh+wate

I like where its going!

BV £50
Skizzer £50
stillOrange £20
DaveQ £20
purplebargeken ??
chaseracer ??
320touring ??
JohnK £50
adw1977 £50
Braddon81 £20

strangeangel £50

holbeck £20

Sandie £20

So far £350 plus three other pledges

My lock up is roughly 44 miles from Lancaster, free of charge.

Guest Breadvan72

My flying instructor and I were in a Tiger Moth (in fact, a Queen Bee, in 1940 colours) near White Waltham one day when we saw a Buchon version of a Bf 108 painted to look like a Bf 109 in 1940 colours.  My instructor took control and tipped in.  I am glad to say that the score was one nil to him.  He also claimed a be-swastika'd Bucker Jungmann near Andrewsfield.  The same Jungmann sensibly landed when a North Weald based Spitfire-Hurricane pair passed by on the way to Duxford.  I enjoyed watching the same pair chasing a Bf 109 (possibly Buchon, not sure) up and down the runway at North Weald on the way back from a show.  The Spitfire (a Mark IX, I think) was nailed to the 109's tail,  at a range of maybe 300 yards, with the Hurricane (a Mark II) flying top cover.   Much cheering from the clubhouse terrace.

Guest Breadvan72

Like I said, it's a modern Slepcev Storch. They first started production in Australia. Does that require "getting" as well?

And while we're on the subject of things that can't choose their political affiliation, here's a pic of the Nazi Turtle from Mighty Boosh:

I+give+you+the+nazi+turtlethe+fresh+wate

The choice of paint scheme is the fault of the owner, not the machine, but symbols are symbolic.   That's why they are called symbols.

Guest Breadvan72

Back to the car, doncha just LOVE it when a plan comes together?  

We need to sort out who is going to get the car.  Drive it if you want to, but poss risky if going a distance.  Trailer or low loader better?  

Apols to be grumpy about this, but I think there's a serious point.  

Have you noticed how at WW2 re-enactor meetings there are always more people in Waffen SS uniforms than there are people in battledress? 

Not sure it's worth stressing about tbh.

The aircraft is a copy of a WW2-era aircraft and the owner wants to make it look like the original, it's like putting shitloads of mirrors on a modern Vespa to copy the style of the 1960s.

Besides: German uniforms were styled by Hugo Boss. British battledress was scooped out of a swamp :-D

Guest Breadvan72

Battledress manages to look cool if worn correctly, however, and German troops scavenged allied kit whenever they could, as it was often better than their own rather poor quality kit.  Nowadays, Hugo Boss do not go on about the uniforms.   R Brand pissed them off at a do by going on about the uniforms.  I doubt that the re-enactors choose the SS uniforms because of the coolness factor, as those blokes tend not to be uber-coolsters in everyday life.    

Guest Breadvan72

That's enough aeroplane and swastika talk, let's stick to Giscardiste beige hatchbacks.

D'accord.

C'est le premier Mai!  L, E, F!  Vive l'Internationale!  Vive le collectif!

Guest Breadvan72

Lumme, one member here is SOOOOO keen and such a cool dude that he paid me his share before I had even paid the bloke for the car.  The seller is very happy that the car will not become a garden gnome.

ONE MORE VICTORY IN THE ENDLESS WAR AGAINST HIPSTERS.  Yay!

Guest Breadvan72

Planning AHEAD - can this car be made roadworthy in time for Shitefest?   Tall order, mayhap, but here is hoping.

If all goes well, we can have at Shitefest MANYS fine vehicles including this BX, the bASe, the Grannystate, SVM Ovlovs R Us a plenty, a Gammakoop, maybe a Betakoop, maybe two or three Sherpas, maybe an Embarassador and/or a Spoiled Princess, and much other chod of joy.

Guest Breadvan72

Seller is around until Thursday 4 May.

Then he will be away until end of May.  

North Western blokes who have sheds and/or trailers and/or driving licences and cojones, please jump on it before Thursday if poss so the fixing can begin.

I have asked seller how much welding and so on.

Last three pledges would make it £470 with two more pledges that didn't mention an amount.

BV £50
Skizzer £50
stillOrange £20
DaveQ £20
purplebargeken £50
chaseracer ??
320touring ??
JohnK £50
adw1977 £50
Braddon81 £20

strangeangel £50

holbeck £20