Beige BX - Autoshite joint purchase ACHIEVED - funders/fixers/sarcastic commenters SOUGHT

Guest Breadvan72

I do remember it coming up for sale when it was still in Suffolk. Key rot spots are inner front wings, sills, boot floor and rear subframe mounts, which are all pretty easy to check. For the latter, remove the plastic trim either side of the rear seat base and see what it looks like in there.

Well, from our cursory inspections so far - inner front wings look pretty solid. The boot floor and inner rear wings have had some welding done but look OK. Not sure about the rear subframe mounts but it doesn't look too bad underneath in general (although it's been a bit difficult to examine it properly when we can't get it off the floor!).

Anyway, there is a plan afoot to get it to Shitefest! So hopefully the fuelling problem can be sorted, and BXpert eyes can be cast over the structure in order to assess the level of corrosion. And Beko can clean it, obv :)

I've donated fuck all yet but I have a selection of good batteries that may work in the Gallic Caramac and am not too far away, let me know size and ampage and I'll see whats what 

It's an 063, this is a shit picture but in my defence I only took it to remind me of the number:

post-19532-0-12179200-1495401869_thumb.jpg

Most sized batteries could be made to fit, there's loads of room in a BX, especially one with a suitcase lump. (Unless they have smaller batt trays than the diesels - they don't, do they?)

Still_Orange is away for a few days now, but if anyone can get a good batt to Billy in Chester in the next seven days, I will collect it and install it next Sunday.

What a pity I was too incompetent to get a decent picture of the Beige beast's shelf... the battery described would easily fit in my diesel BX, but I can't remember if the 14RE is less accommodating. Arse.

Still, I'm fairly certain that bodgery is our friend, at least in the short term ;)

We had it running for a minute by John_F dribbling pez down its neck. We didn't do owt more drastic, as they were already a good way down last night's barrel of ale by the time I rolled up. It rose up very nicely, but I shut it off soon after, I hadn't checked out the cooling system's health.

It is still up on its tip-toes this morning, it doesn't sink quickly, I think that's a good thing.

Also a good thing is how un-crusty it seems to be. A-pillars look minty-fresh. Paintwork: might respond well to a Beko-licking.

New tyres all 'round, an'all. :D