Beige BX - Autoshite joint purchase ACHIEVED - funders/fixers/sarcastic commenters SOUGHT

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

From the Tat thread - A beige BX, facing the breaker.  EDIT: facing hipster art installation doom.  

[EDIT EDIT EDIT - Car now bought - group ownership blah being worked out - please read on if interested]

Suggestion: someone who is a BX licker buys this heap and saves it from scrappage.    Autoshite rabble-funding a la SierrabASe and Grannyestate occurs.  I will start the ball rolling with an offer of fifty quid if there are lots of idiots, and a hundred quid max if there are not lots of idiots.

The main thing is to find someone daft enough to go and collect the car and keep it in their shed.

I would not want to drive the car and would seek urgent injunctions if it ever got anywhere near my house, but I might like to kick one of its tyres at Shitefest. 

NB.  Car is a BEIGE BX.

Any takers? 

post-3924-0-43273400-1493556558.png

I had a silver BX19RD and another (darker) silver DTR estate, but would have bought neither in beige. It was a shit colour then, and Old Father Time hasn't improved it. 

This one's made less attractive as it's been off the road for 6 years - last MOT expired 2011 - and it's the least-loved 1400 petrol engine. Worse, being an early BX 1400, it'll be the XY suitcase engine, so it scores even more negative points.

Not for me, I'm afraid.

This one's made less attractive as it's been off the road for 6 years - last MOT expired 2011 - and it's the least-loved 1400 petrol engine. Worse, being an early BX 1400, it'll be the XY suitcase engine, so it scores even more negative points.

Ultimate RHD BX-shite then, unless someone finds a BX11 in Ireland.  Count me in for crowdfunding, if only for happy memories of my brief tenure of B319YKO back in 1990.

Ideally this needs to go to a proper Bx lover on here. These Series 1s are seriously rare..and there are lots of differing details on these above the obvious visual ones over the Mk2s and this needs saving. I've done my Mk1 Bx thing....its one if the reasons why I'm now divorced....but I'll chuck a few quid forward to stop it being turned in to a garden "Art project" which the proposed purchaser wants to turn it in to! :-)post-20412-0-81995000-1493631919_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I had a silver BX19RD and another (darker) silver DTR estate, but would have bought neither in beige. It was a shit colour then, and Old Father Time hasn't improved it. 

Not for me, I'm afraid.

LBC, m'dear - You have been on AS for well over a year, but I am still not sure that you have got Autoshite 101.  Hugs.

To explain: I agree with ALL that you say about this car.  I still want someone here to buy it, and will help with the cost of someone doing so.   I reiterate that I would rather rub wombat shit in my hair than own or drive this car. 

Guest Breadvan72

How does the funding work on repairs and storage?

Say the amount you put in is 10% of the cost are you then committed to 10% of the ongoing costs?

Just asking like..

That would be a matter for agreement.  My own idea would be to put in something towards the purchase cost, and leave it at that.  I would claim no stake in any future sale proceeds and so forth.  But another agreement could be arrived at.  It could be an ownership syndicate, or various other things.  People are free to agree whatever arrangements they wish to agree.   On the Grannystate, I paid a share of the buyage price, and am happy to pay a rateable share of the running costs.    The car is used by the owners on a dry basis  - ie current user pays for fuel and other liquid things that cars like. One or both of the other two can buy me out any time for the entry cost.  The bASe is run as a full syndicate, AFAIK, but members can tell you about that if they want to. 

Guest Breadvan72

Sadly, you're right. I'll never see the view that the shitter a car is, the better it is. P'raps I'm in the wrong place.

AS is partly about that, and partly not.  There are some very primo and not at all shitty cars on here as well.  AS is just a thing.  It's like an elephant a Unimog. Hard to describe, but you know one when you see one.  

You are in the right place.

Guest Breadvan72

There could probably be at least two types of funder:

(1)  Those who just say "here is £X, and I never want to hear from you again" (me); 

and 

2) Those who put in Y percent and want to own Y percent and carry Y percent of the costs, and the MEGABUCKS profits.

Maybe various points in between.

OK, (1) is not quite me, as I would perhaps like to see occasional reports on the car, much like a distant uncle on his plantation in Java reading reports of how the son of his wayward and destitute brother is doing at the school for which the uncle has paid the fees. Expelled for swearing and stealing, again? Oh well, pass me the cheque book.   Perhaps we should put him in for the Foreign Service exam.  He seems to be qualified. 

Sadly, you're right. I'll never see the view that the shitter a car is, the better it is. P'raps I'm in the wrong place.

As the name is Autoshite and site is dedicated to the preservation of shite cars, then you could reasonably surmise that shite cars would be very welcome and this one is pretty shite.

This one is a beaut though, BXs have not yet reached the status they will surely gain and then it will all be GTis in black with every extra. One like this will be a real rarity and is more than worth saving.

Guest Breadvan72

As a mob appears to be forming, I will say that I am deffo in for fifty quid.  Can others who have expressed interest but have not already indicated an amount kindly say here or by PM how much they can put in, and indicate whether they  expect anything back.   Target to buy is £500.   I assume it would be an insult to the seller to haggle on that price.  Query cost of tax and insurance and  so forth - cheapo insurance if someone adds to their group heap policy?  

I suggest that whomever becomes the keeper of the car should put in at least a nominal sum, but if we have some super keen BX lickist who is truly skint,  but has TEH SKILLZ, that could maybe work.

The text book for now is "On Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds", which, BTW, is a seriously good book.  

Guest Breadvan72

Where abouts in lancashire? How mobile? will it move under its on steam, and raise it self up high enough to drive onto the back of a beaver tail.

And how quick does it need shifting?

Only known details are in the advert in the opening post.  Someone here knows the seller, I think.  Joining the BX FB group may allow direct contact.  

Well as said, i'd gladly offer it a home, would go nicely fit in with the citroen fleet. However i have no way of arranging transportation to my address in the midlands. I will make a small donation towards purchase costs for another more worthy Autoshitist though.

As the name is Autoshite and site is dedicated to the preservation of shite cars, then you could reasonably surmise that shite cars would be very welcome and this one is pretty shite.

This one is a beaut though, BXs have not yet reached the status they will surely gain and then it will all be GTis in black with every extra. One like this will be a real rarity and is more than worth saving.

This.

To me, this is one of the AS Constants.  Whereas the one make fanboyz all slaver over the top performance and luxury models, of whatever their chosen car, we go out of our way to preserve (not, you will note, usually restore) the unwanted base models and the generally-less-loved.  Says the man with a Cadillac, lol, but you know what I mean!

Good luck everyone.  I'm in no position to do any more than cheer from the sidelines but I'm already doing that for the two Fords, so adding in a little Citroen isn't difficult.