2003 Aprilia Habana 125, MOTd and running - £SOLD

strangeangel

Please don't think I'm trying to paint this in a false light by washing it before taking the pics. It was still covered in salt and I was too ashamed for it to be seen in that state!

One more thing - I've just fired it up for the first time in a couple of weeks, and have been reminded that it can take a bit of starting if left for a week or so. I don't know if this is to do with the vac fuel pump or the bi-metallic strip choke thing (I've had trouble with these on Hondas), but when I was using it regularly it fired up first push.

For the record, I would describe its condition as functional, rather than nice. Here goes...

post-19532-0-17234100-1493631065_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-44785900-1493631095_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-30641300-1493631187_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-64887600-1493631386_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-84313300-1493631418_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-96815700-1493631440_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-26801200-1493631543_thumb.jpg

post-19532-0-21205400-1493631621_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I would probably rather do a CBT than try to explain the finer points of Regulations 3,15,16 and 19 of the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999 to a police officer.

It is never wise to discuss any part of the law with any police officer.  Police officers are lovely in many ways, but they know nothing of the law, and hearing about it makes them frightened and unhappy.     DVLA operates in much the same way, or at least sometimes.  Magistrates ditto, but times eleventy.

I would probably rather do a CBT than try to explain the finer points of Regulations 3,15,16 and 19 of the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999 to a police officer.

I'd rather pass my test (bar the fact that I'd just miss the cut anyway) because 12hp (or however many KW it actually is) is insufficient to propel my belly up a modest incline.

I had a 50cc moped once because cheap/available, and it was perfectly capable of doing 90km/h on the flat. Two drawbacks were 1) piss trickle front lighting, not worthy of being called "headlamps" and very sluggish performance up hills. So I promptly sacked it off and got a Honda CD250U which at least had a fighting chance of reaching most summits.

Guest Breadvan72

It appears that S-C did not tick the "Motorbikes? FUCK YEAH"  box back in his learning to drive days pre 1 Dec 1990.  Either that or DVLA has erroneously removed his granddad rights.  There have been cases of that happening, and DVLA has been challenged on it a few times with success.

Did you not have a Fizzy in the 70s?  I did.  It was popsicle purple and mostly broken.   Now it would be faux-ironic sculpture in a hipster's lounge, or selling for megabling on eBay.

Guest Breadvan72

Promise me you'll adorn it with all that mod stuff and go on a scooter rally.

Also do lots of 'ludes and benzies and get into a massive fight with some rockers.

It appears that S-C did not tick the "Motorbikes? FUCK YEAH"  box back in his learning to drive days pre 1 Dec 1990.  Either that or DVLA has erroneously removed his granddad rights.  There have been cases of that happening, and DVLA has been challenged on it a few times with success.

Did you not have a Fizzy in the 70s?  I did.  It was popsicle purple and mostly broken.   Now it would be faux-ironic sculpture in a hipster's lounge, or selling for megabling on eBay.

I was bottom of the heap a Puch MS50D!

I thought the Habana had those ridiculously wide handlebars that were ideal* when filtering.

Well bought though, Aprilia make some good scooters (at least all the one's I've had have been).

I think they're called Habana and Mojito in different territories? The one you're thinking of is the Custom, perhaps?

habana.jpg

They do indeed have their detractors, but the two Aprilias I've had have done me proud - this one making a comeback worthy of Lazarus himself after being left in a garden since 2009, and while I didn't have the Xevo that long there were a couple of truly memorable touring holidays during my stewardship.

I had a 250cc Aprilia Leonardo which I sold for some inexplicable reason - Yamaha engine but still some Italian eccentricities about it.

The Xevo (a Piaggio) is still going well. Not used it lately as have been having to use a work car, but think I've done around 5,000 miles on it now. Not the most exciting bike but weather protection and storage are godsend for my 120 mile daily commute.