Free to a good home: actually any kind of home

Insideimsmiling

My Rover R8 was taken back to its place of birth recently when I travelled to Pride of Longbridge, however as we got closer I realised my mistake and we were actually heading for the elephants graveyard. Within a whisker of arriving it died, so desperate was I to actually attend the show after last years experience of finally getting there only to find the show had been cancelled at dawn due to bad weather. So three miles from the show ground I limped walking stick in hand towards my destination having gone full on Basil Fawlty with my reluctant Rover. Hitchiking proved fruitless, although a man dressed in black sporting a bowler hat and muttering darkly to himself was perhaps a little too axe murder for most drivers. Anyway I finally reached a bus stop but no buses. So it was a taxi that got me there in the end and even he needed directions ( I don't ​usually do this part of town mate ).

​Pride of Longbridge was great  - recommended! why have my words suddenly become underlined ?​

Anyway the point is the Rover is now at home and the engine I think is seized. Other than this rather major issue its a good solid car mate! Actually it really is rather good and it would be a shame to see it die, however if that is going to be the case at least part of it can live on and the car could be stripped of parts to keep other R8,s on the road. It is a 4 door hatchback with the 1400cc engine, so a 214 and was in good condition prior to this with 10 months MOT left on it. If someone on here would like to take it away then please feel free to contact me and you have yourself a free car .

message me on here, oh and the catch....its in Lincolnshire. DN21 so not too far from Yorkshire.post-19850-0-88071000-1493583120_thumb.jpg