cortina wiring diagram wanted.

matty879

Google 'fordopedia.org cortina mk4 wiring diagram.

You should get a few wiring diagrams, some of which you may need a degree or two to decipher.

Page down a bit for less complicated versions.

I have an Autodata manual, Cortina 4 &5, which simplifies some of the wiring.

Can post it to you FOC if you pm me your address, but obv not until Tuesday.

What kit is it and what is the actual problem.

Google 'fordopedia.org cortina mk4 wiring diagram.

You should get a few wiring diagrams, some of which you may need a degree or two to decipher.

Page down a bit for less complicated versions.

I have an Autodata manual, Cortina 4 &5, which simplifies some of the wiring.

Can post it to you FOC if you pm me your address, but obv not until Tuesday.

What kit is it and what is the actual problem.

will send you a pm,the car is a pilgrim bulldog,the problem is that i removed the body and sent that for paint while i did the chassis (shotblasted,painted,brand new everything ect)with the wiring loom still attached to the shell,all labled up and stowed inside the tub,however the painter failed to protect it from overspray, as a result i now have a black loom with painted connectors and lables,pointless plugging anything in as all the connectors have black paint on the metalic parts,so figured get a diagram and go from there.shame really as its almost finished

will send you a pm,the car is a pilgrim bulldog,the problem is that i removed the body and sent that for paint while i did the chassis (shotblasted,painted,brand new everything ect)with the wiring loom still attached to the shell,all labled up and stowed inside the tub,however the painter failed to protect it from overspray, as a result i now have a black loom with painted connectors and lables,pointless plugging anything in as all the connectors have black paint on the metalic parts,so figured get a diagram and go from there.shame really as its almost finished

I see, at least the wires are in the right place, just got to sort them out. 

Always have trouble with earths on fibreglass bodies, I always linked all the earths   to the chassis.

Will post book Tuesday.

It gave the scanner a rare bit of exercise, 3 tasty pages winging their way through the ether to an emailbox near you.

Good luck with the project.

I have similar problems with the wiring looms on the DS, you have to ignore the wire colour (which can come out of the loom a different colour to where it went in and go by the colour of the insulators on the terminals - which have all faded to beige.