Epic Collection Weekend aka A Trip To The West Country

hhhugues

The journey began on a SE London overground but i was too eager to make it to Paddington on time to take pictures.

However i had time to snap this beast before getting on it.

Now comfortably installed at a table with a power point which is lucky cos i've got a ton of work to do before getting to Exeter.

Can't wait to get to my destination - it's no big secret where i'm heading or what i'm getting but i'll keep you guessing for a bit anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the motor! Finally just managed to have both a charged battery AND reception.

Thank you so much Richard and father, i'm very glad i made the trip! And still can't believe how tidy the e46 is. Think i'm really going to enjoy it!

Ps: Ilfracombe and surrounding coast really are pretty!

20223a8fdac0f849b6276ede6a26fd9a.jpg

9bab9282f3f6e0cbe480a6d0196df1f3.jpg

No need to do the cambelt, but i would love to learn the tipex technique, could come in handy sometime.

The e46 behaved impeccably for the rest of the week end, unlike the weather that finally proved too much, so we headed back on sunday with an overnight stop in Devon to stay out of the rain, but only after a little drive around the scenic Exmoor roads. North Devon is amazing, i'll have to go back.

The beemer really is nice to drive, it feels tight and the engine is really smooth - i'm suprised by how quiet it is for a 16 year old car. It's a nice steer too, really gives you confidence on bendy roads and actually feels a bit more "floaty" on straight lines, but maybe that's because of the lower wishbones. Great on the motorway too regardless, and it averaged nearly 39mpg all the way to SE London (that's including outer london end of bank hol weekend traffic and even a bit of spirited driving around Devon). Not bad eh?

Thanks again Richard and Fatha thastag for letting me have it at such a ridiculous price, i'm delighted with it. Here it is parked outside its new home rubbing rear ends with a sexy avensis. Stuff of dreams.

dd103e1868c25e92b74a315bee098f67.jpg

Note the knackered Mondeo in the background.

awesome, glad you made it back safe and sound. 

to be honest when I was sat inside Saturday night feeling the wind beating against the outside of the house I had visions of Mrs Hhhhugues trying to find a nice bed and breakfast while you battled it out under canvas

SBOD and if MoT looks too much of a stretch in October you should still make your money back :D