BEIGE SHERPA scampervan and old Honda motorbike.

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

If anyone is interested in 70's Honda's I might have 2 cb125 twins coming my way in June. They are projects and French registered but look pretty good

Please let me know when you have more deets, ta.

CG125s are about the best small bikes ever made. The absolute ideal commuter bike for zinging round town and whatnot.

I've had two over the years - they're a bit slow, even for town. Solid as anything though.

My nomination for best urban bike ever is the CB250RS - a lovely little single cylinder bike that would do just under 90mph, never got worse than 60mpg, and weighed maybe 120kg. I had one for a couple of years and it's one of the few that I really regret selling.

Guest Breadvan72

The CG125 will do 50, and that is fine for my eight mile trip to Risborough Station on mostly 50 mph roads, and the four miles to Thame.  It is small, but has sufficient road presence not to get utterly squished.  The modern lights and loud hooter help a bit.  

Guest Breadvan72

I recall that my CGs had pretty rubbish front brakes - dunno if the later ones got any better? 

Brakes seem OK so far.

I did my lessons on these and I recall them managing to clock 65. If I tried the same now, it'd probably be down to 40 because fat bastard.

Nive, needs a Rickman polybox though.

I got 67mph slipstreaming a Transit on my 1977 CG, but typically it'd get no better than about 62. All indicated speeds, and I have absolutely no idea how accurate the speedos are/were/might be. 

As BV says, the CG's perfectly OK to do 50mph, at which speed it's happy enough to bimble along. Although you can make it do mid-60s (just), it's beating the poor thing to within an inch of its life. A gentleman just doesn't.

I had a CB125T for my first bike. It's physical size belied it's tiny capacity - people assumed it was at least 500cc.

Sadly 60mph will never be enough - indeed, on hills it was less. Many times I have had to clean the flies from the back of my helmet.

Guest Breadvan72

More pics/info on the luxury beige holiday conveyance plz

L8RZ, brah.  I can haz blokeflu, so am on the sofa whingeing and watching Star Trek.

Beige Sherpa! Gnnn! Autosleeper! Yurk! Honda's Gulfbuster, the mighty CG125 in mintola non-trashed-by-a-bazillion-CBTists condition! Splurp! Have another eleventy-twelve AS points.

So beige, very sleep, many formica, much jealous. I learned to ride on a CG125, although it was a brazilian(I didn't know at the time and neglected to check the undercarriage for razor burn.) and thus made of cheese it was entirely docile and easy to ride even for this operator. I can also confirm that the current strain of H1MANDOWN!11one flu is thoroughly debilitating and prevented me from doing anything beyond whinging and eating comfort food from the packet for several days last week.

We've been infiltrated by the Autosleeper Mafia.

One of my previous landlords (in Flackwell Heath) had halvers with another mate on a 77 Bedford CF 2.3 pez AutoSleeper a.k.a The Magic Bus. Still on the rather old picture on the satellite view on Google. There was another one also in white which was down the road in Bourne End. Also showing on the satellite view.

I haven't sifted through all the old family photos yet, but at one point in time around 1979/80, Honda Senior had a (1972?) Land Rover LWB Safari Carawagon conversion, curved pop-up roof and with gas cooker on the inside of the back door. Don't think we had it all that long being a 2¼ pez.