BEIGE SHERPA scampervan and old Honda motorbike.

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

am shortly to get into MRs BV's ex njgleeds ex Pillock ex everyone else on the Forum Saab 9-3 droppytoppy, so that Mrs BV can drive me to Didcot Parkway railway station.   Yes, it's the Great Western Railway for me.  

Little did Isambard Kingdom Brunel know when he built the thing that it would be used by people with questionable taste and judgment to go and collect appalling products of what passes for engineering, over a hundred years on.  If he had known, I guess that he'd have jacked it all in and gone off to play snooker or invent Symbolist poetry, or something.  

All that I can say further at this time is that, if the two railway lines soon to be in question were roads, they would be called the M4 and the M5.  It may also be worth bearing in mind a version of The Rule of Two.   Not just Sith, but also other evil things that want to kill you come in pairs. 

post-5528-0-97573700-1493375944_thumb.jpg

am shortly to get into MRs BV's ex njgleeds ex Pillock ex everyone else on the Forum Saab 9-3 droppytoppy, so that Mrs BV can drive me to Didcot Parkway railway station.   Yes, it's the Great Western Railway for me.  

Little did Isambard Kingdom Brunel know when he built the thing that it would be used by people with questionable taste and judgment to go and collect appalling products of what passes for engineering, over a hundred years on.  If he had known, I guess that he'd have jacked it all in and gone off to play snooker or invent Symbolist poetry, or something.

Guilty. I used it (the GWR, not the 9-3) to collect an accident-damaged Camry from Gloucester some years ago.

Guest Breadvan72

Hard Brexit it is, as one of the two conveyances in question is symbolic of the shitty old Britain to which we are fast returning, strapped to an out of control express train driven by idiots.  The other conveyance is symbolic of why the shitty old Britain was doomed, and also connected with something useful that happened to Britain in the EU, and which will probably stop happening after 2019. 

Guest Breadvan72

Anyway...

"Fetch your revolver, Watson.  The game's afoot."

I missed my train.  Mrs BV wanted petrol  (she had been in all morning, and the nearest petrol pumps are about 600 metres from our house, but never mind that).  The Saab had nearly a quarter of a tank.  That was too little to go from near Thame to Didcot and back. Obvs.    Attempts to point out that the reserve light was not even on yet resulted in disputation.  The conversation ended.

At the station, in time for the next but one train, we were dismayed by a pre-op Tranny, not because of transphobia, but because her shoes, handbag, and dress all clashed most unhappily. The word Tranny is, by the way, A CLUE, but only tangentially.

Mrs BV regained her good humour and agreed to do a Joan Didion, viz:-

post-5528-0-77463800-1493387769_thumb.jpg

The phone is a Windows phone, not an iPhone. I am holding it correctly.

Windoze, schimdoze. Same difference. It's only when you're doing portrait shots.

i) Get a camera app that isn't half-arsed and does the job properly or

ii) Stop taking portrait shots (you're not holding correctly as far as the half-arse camera app is concerned)

iii) bin phone

iv) edit it on phone after taking, by rotating and rotating back and re-saving.

Guest Breadvan72

I arrived home a while ago, after road closures and so forth. Both vehicles, for two there are, are fine. I had to eat supper and have a row with Mrs BV before posting. OK, not a row, but a discussion on the meaning of the E in ETA. A clue. It does not stand for exact.

As for phones, screw the absurd notion of apps. I always hold the phone the same way, and most photos are fine. A few random ones go sideways but only when posted here, and never when posted anywhere else eg FB or PH.

Guest Breadvan72

Now it is bed time, but the vehicles are as follows: -

1. A 1981 Austin-Morris Sherpa campervan by Autosleeper. Two litre O Series engine, single SU carb, four speed manual, 98,000 miles, scruffy but sound, MoT June, pop-up roof, four berths, cooker, fridge, awning, BEIGE.

2. A 1998 (registered 2001) Honda CG125 CDI motorbike. Single cylinder four stroke OHV, carb, kick start, four speed, 12,000 miles, showroom condition, MoT August, RED.

The bike is in the back of the van.

Story and photos in the morning. Nighty night!