SHITEFEST 2017 Sales, swaps, freebies, logistics, & cetera.

KruJoe

Guest Hooli

Any duplicates on those Whitworths & I'd love to have them please.

I intend to run a pre-war bike within a few years so I'm sure they'll be handy.

Had a look through the spanners and they're mainly AF unfortunately and they're being held on to apparently. 

I do however have the following:

• 7/16 W = 1/2 BS - open/ring
  • 1/2 W = 9/16 BS - open/ring
  • 9/16 W = 5/8 BS x 1/2 W = 9/16 BS - double ring 
  • same again but double open end
  • 3/8 W = 7/16 BS x 7/16 W  = 1/2 BS double open end
  • 3/8 W  = 7/16 BS x 5/16 W = 3/8 BS double open end
  • 5/16 W = 3/8 BS open/ring
  • 3/8 W = 7/16 BS one open end only and a bit fucked but usable, and the ring has sheared off the other end (!)
  • 3/16W = 1/4 BS x 1/8 W double open end
  • 3/16W = 1/4 BS open/ring

Whit sizes in bold, BS in italic. All available FOC but I'm not sure how to distribute them, can you agree between yourselves?

Anyone want a dc19? It works well, the hose is glued on as the clip broke, it has the wand and floor tool but no smoll tools. Is quite battered.

post-5612-0-49682900-1495358370_thumb.jpg

Swap for some ales for sf? It only cost me a fiver and it's getting in my way!

Where in Wales will you be Barret? It's only just across the border in Chester now... 

I'm still happy to take it from there for you if someone will take it off me in Lincs for you.

Isn't that Hairnet? Does he still have it?

I have that car and it future is still uncertain. I have been asked to save it by Hairnet, JohnK and Mrs 6C, but with so many projects on the go I am not sure as I bought it for spares. I did PM JohnK to see if it was ever UK registered because that might help its case to survive. I also started it to move it last Saturday so we could get out the Spitfire 6.

post-4787-0-16369100-1495443329_thumb.jpg

Which engine is it? I could probably make space for it here to save it from scrap.

If I am reading this correctly and it is about the ex Hairnet/JohnK Visa, if I break it it will not be weighed in, I will use it all as I have 4 other Visas and a friend 3 miles away who has one.

Trouble is it's not a bad car and it only needs a head gasket, if only it was as simple as whipping off the head of changing the gasket and maybe skimming it! This is a 1124cc suitcase engine, that is an engine out job to get the head off and I have been quoted £680 to do the job even if the liners have not moved and the head is not badly warped.

If I am reading this correctly and it is about the ex Hairnet/JohnK Visa, if I break it it will not be weighed in, I will use it all as I have 4 other Visas and a friend 3 miles away who has one.

Trouble is it's not a bad car and it only needs a head gasket, if only it was as simple as whipping off the head of changing the gasket and maybe skimming it! This is a 1124cc suitcase engine, that is an engine out job to get the head off and I have been quoted £680 to do the job even if the liners have not moved and the head is not badly warped.

It was. I'd love to save it and we have all the special tools for the Visa at work, here is an engine crane in my garage somewhere too.

It was. I'd love to save it and we have all the special tools for the Visa at work, here is an engine crane in my garage somewhere too.

We are a bit off subject so I will move this to Six-cylinder Motoring notes

http://autoshite.com/topic/19386-six-cylinders-motoring-notes-not-just-pretty/page-53?do=findComment&comment=1229298