Gamma Coupe: fix-up mini-meet progress

Skizzer

Made it to the car park round the corner from the office without overheating, dissolving, conking out or otherwise exploding.

post-4091-0-99673700-1493064069_thumb.jpg

post-4091-0-94206900-1493064092_thumb.jpg

post-4091-0-36551000-1493064111_thumb.jpg

The battery connectors are properly tightened up with spanners and I don't have any tools, so it'll just have to flatten it's battery. I'll order a booster pack from Amazon - I forgot this morning to bring my own from home.

I like it. It needs a clutch, the cooling fan is wired on a manual switch that you need to remember to switch on before you go anywhere, the driver's window doesn't move and I don't care because it's flippin gorgeous.

Guest Breadvan72

Will do proper insurance later - it's usually a bit of a performance as the car won't live at my house. Also it might catch fire or something this evening.

Tradition dictates that when you buy a car it lives at my house  So there.

Interior shots NOW.

Pliz.

It's a bit dark. Tomorrow, hopefully. The gear stick is worth the wait.

Aren't these the ones you have to be careful not to wind the steering over to full lock on?

That was just the early ones - this is a series 2 with an extra tensioner in the cambelt so it doesn't fall off. Plus it's only when cold, as BV said, and only turning left, so that's sort of alright really.

That was just the early ones - this is a series 2 with an extra tensioner in the cambelt so it doesn't fall off. Plus it's only when cold, as BV said, and only turning left, so that's sort of alright really.

Quality.  I must say I do admire the idea of cambelt driven power steering just because it's different.  Also Lancia were doing torque just as everyone else was chasing higher revs and more valves to get BHP with minimal torque - they invented the torquey Diesel in Petrol form!

Is the bonnet closed properly?

No it isn't - good spot. There's a block of wood there to stop it closing: we suspect there may be a good reason for that and have left it in place for now. The bonnet is front hinged anyway, so it's not going anywhere.

The fish can stay for now, I think.

It's only had two proper owners since 1989, the last from 1996. He was well known in Gamma Consortium circles but sadly he died a while ago. The car's been off the road since 2012/13 but was decommission by the guy I bought it from, himself a serial Gammakoop nutter. (At one point he briefly owned that blue and silver one that Six Cylinder's mate is fixing up.)

Not sure about Shitefest yet. Maybe.

Enjoy.

I'm enjoying my (wine fuelled) memories of mine. 30 Years ago!

**And I was told back then that the Series 2 mods for the PAS problem had not fixed it.

So only start the engine with no steering load, ie hands off the wheel, and never steer up to the lock stops. Ever.

Cool Gamma. The start of a new adventure.

The potentially disasterous PAS problem can be overcome these days, I think it's done using an electric PAS pump instead. Handy that on a Laanshya. Still, worth checking out tho.

Watch out for excess stray gamma rays and don't get angry under any circumstances.