Gamma Coupe: fix-up mini-meet progress

Skizzer

Guest Breadvan72

Maybe biff the battery connector off the negative post by twatting it with a shoe heel.  Take shoe off first unless good at Kung Fu.  Refitting is reverse of removal.

Ooh, can I have a look and give it a fondle as I'm not far away? Can also offer jump start assistance and tools to save you buying stuff needlessly.

You betcha, thanks a lot. Let's swap PMs tomorrow, I'm asleep now.

Guest Breadvan72

I have THROBBED for a series 2 Gammakoop since I first saw one, silver with blue seats, about eight years ago.  The throb does not diminish.  Skiz appears to have bought THE BEST GAMMAKOOP IN THE SHITEIVERSE.   Skiz is TEH MAN.

Made it to the car park round the corner from the office without overheating, dissolving, conking out or otherwise exploding.

attachicon.gifIMG_8048.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8049.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8050.JPG

The battery connectors are properly tightened up with spanners and I don't have any tools, so it'll just have to flatten it's battery. I'll order a booster pack from Amazon - I forgot this morning to bring my own from home.

I like it. It needs a clutch, the cooling fan is wired on a manual switch that you need to remember to switch on before you go anywhere, the driver's window doesn't move and I don't care because it's flippin gorgeous.

wow, i r jelus

Get one of these for the battery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Disconnect-Heavy-Duty-Isolator-Cut-Off-Switch-/171354988794?hash=item27e58da0fa:g:LW0AAOSw6EhUNQjD

s-l500.jpg

That body shape is one stunning piece of design,a true original bit of thinking.

Where everything today is bubbles and curves this sticks out like a sore tit but in a good way.

I drove past it (or its sister) a few days back and just thought shit the guy who owns that must be seen as a bit of a hero in his neighbourhood.

Or is that just how we think on here?

Guest Breadvan72

You've just won the game of Autoshite!  :mrgreen:

I've only ever seen a Gamma in photos, but I love them regardless. Put me down for the Quattroporte; only one was ever made and I believe it resides somewhere in the UK.

Lots of Gammasloons, though. There is a white one for sale from a bloke on here.  Cheapo price, needs a bit of recommish work, apparently. A Gammasloon looks like a hatchback, but is a fastback 4 door. 

Library photo:-

sedan2.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I was hoping that I might get to go and lick the Gammakoop today, but this plan has gone all to Harry Bollocks, and by the time that I am able to beard Sir Skizzer in his London lair some time next week, he will have spirited the car off to Land of Welsh.  So that's everything fucked, then.  

Guest Breadvan72

I managed to replan part of a plan. I have now seen, sat in, and actually DRUV the Gamma. Holy Mother of Fecque!!!!Skizzer has not merely won Autoshite; he has won the Internet.

The car is way beyond any superlative that I can attach to it. Such stylish, many seventies, so Coupe, much Italy, Wow.

Interior shots NOW.

This, we must be exposed to the velour.

Oops, sorry, forgot. It's still quite dark in there anyway - interior shots on Friday I promise.

Happily, it did start this afternoon so Don Breadivanni could drive it round the car park (while studiously avoiding full lock). This means I might even persuade it to take me home on Friday morning.

Guest Breadvan72

Oh FFs, not that sideways nonsense again. Posted from phone. Upright on phone. Why the Hell does it do that? Windows Phone btw.

EDIT:  Now fixed by laptop, but WHY do photos that are taken with the phone held vertically, and which appear upright on the phone, often, but randomly, appear sideways when placed up here either from the phone or after being put onto a  PC first?

Guest Breadvan72

BONUS 1: I was driven off from the City to the other RAC in the coolest Metrocab in ever.

BONUS 2: The cabbie is retiring next month. He will probably sell the cab. I gave him my card. He promised to be in touch.

BONUS 3: The cab is a MANUAL Metrocab. Toyota engine and gearbox, 300,000 miles. Pristine inside,and out. Engine rebuilt not long ago.

post-5528-0-98892100-1493245760_thumb.jpg