Mason the 1995 Lexus LS400 (THE LUDGE..)

320touring

Coffee consumed, I set out on my adventure..

"Down at the bottom of the garden,

among the birds and the bees,

A little lot of little v8s,

They're called the s4 and the LS400"

post-17572-0-62458400-1492940983_thumb.jpg

Default Woollard achieved!

post-17572-0-27073400-1492941120_thumb.jpg

He's called Mason apparently (hence the Ludge/lodge thread title)

post-17572-0-41659300-1492941302_thumb.jpg

So far I have my Mother wishing to buy it (she was particularly taken with the electric seatbelt height adjustment), my Father wanting to drive it and my Brother content just to sit in the driver's seat and giggle whilst making it burble.

Not to mention my godson thinking I am 2cool4Skule due to a sneaky lil "full bore" run along the bypass.

So far so Splendiferousness!

Then there was the fuel situation.

Young Mr Dome most generously dropped it off with a quarter tank. Some 60odd miles later and we were light on:

post-17572-0-04709100-1492972579_thumb.jpg

69.49 L and £79 later, and we were golden.

post-17572-0-22396900-1492972800_thumb.jpg

Bit of a shock after the Fabia, but I think it should be given the opportunity to prove its worth..

Blackburn commute on Tuesday methinks..gawd bless business insurance:)

I was working on the garden today and glanced at this thread whilst I was in the house for a brief monent having a drink and a bag of crisps. For the NEXT THREE FUCKING HOURS I WAS SINGING THE FUCKING PODDINGTIN FUCKING PEAS.

Thanks for that.

Nice car.

But fuck you.

I was working on the garden today and glanced at this thread whilst I was in the house for a brief monent having a drink and a bag of crisps. For the NEXT THREE FUCKING HOURS I WAS SINGING THE FUCKING PODDINGTIN FUCKING PEAS.

Thanks for that.

Nice car.

But fuck you.

We aim to please and are glad you were not disappointed:)

Well bought.

Although I am disappointed that I wasn't able to buy a raffle ticket for this, I am glad to have avoided the potentially awkward conversation with my girlfriend's father, where I would have had to ask if I could park this barge in his garage if I won it.

Good luck with it anyway, hopefully the fuel bills won't bankrupt you. I will still be interested in a raffle ticket when you snap and buy a Bluemotion Golf to try to recover from V8 ownership ;)

I've never seen a car I previously owned (albeit briefly) become an AS bike before.

This is an unusual mix of emotions.

Is the horrible judder while braking still there, and are the electrics still dodgy as fuck?

A swift look at the long and winding road to collection..

attachicon.gifIMG_20170423_100253.jpg

Then retire to the kitchen for some cwafffee

Today Matthew, I'm off to create a shoegaze album cover and then I'm buying an old Lexus. 

The song of my people is 'Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round,' innit

Dome kicked fuck out of the fusebox 5 minutes after collecting it from Aberdeen- all good, touch hairy wood.

EFA*

*I think more has been done in the interim, but I found it highly amusing at the time.

Safe to say, I'm kicking myself furiously for passing this up for the chance to go and view a scabby barried Citroen C2 Loeb. A small part of me has missed it ever since I roffled it in December.

I've been really good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory lately.

Indeed. 'I would buy that but...' Posts of Internal Strife and Oh-No-I-Missed-Out Wails of Regret form the back bone of this site and long shall it remain, if only because it makes it all the more satisfying when the right-car-right-person-right-time combination is reached.

When the car in question is an LS400 the regret is all the more palpable; mine is simply that I wasn't tough enough or suitably intelligent enough to proactively make it watertight, get the cold idle sorted and get it properly tidied up. I'd have kept it longer then...and I could have experienced the burble and electric headrest adjustment for longer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In preparation for "Fabia Replacement Duties" I inflated the tyres, checked and topped up the oil, and brimmed the washer fluid.

Oil check went wellpost-17572-0-36349200-1493054459_thumb.jpg

Washer fluid not so much..

post-17572-0-16655700-1493054503_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming its just the pipe that is leaking, given the bottle is on the other side..