Dollywobbler's Dodgy Daimler - Dead

dollywobbler

The big worry is the ABS, but the exhaust is leaking, the washers don't work, the fog lights don't work and I reckon another section of fuel line has started to seep. Oh, and it still needs a lambda sensor. In other words, it isn't going to breeze it. It is firmly a project. Or a breaker. Probably a grand in it in bits.

Also, picnic tables.

I should add that those in the south of England may be able to benefit from free travel. In an XK150. Offer stands Sunday/Monday (I'm probably going to break up the trip home, Monday will see me return the XK150 to Bridgnorth, from whence the service will become a Tin Snail special).

I would love to give it a home but I am still welding up my Transit on the road outside my house.

My neighbours may just flip if I bring another tinworm infected relic of the days of yore back.

Best bet is send me beer if you really struggle with it, I buy anything when I'm drunk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, remember this ridiculous episode? 

Well, can't remember if I said elsewhere, but a chap from Simply Performance told me they'd rebuilt the diff from this car, and it's now in an AC Cobra replica.

So, unsurprisingly, the car is dead, but bits of it live on. I think that's nice. I hope the Cobra also has unexpected picnic tables.