2006 Mondeo Estate (sold)

Jim Bell

What the hell. Is it IN the glove box?!

Aye. Hence sometimes the slamming of the glove box itself, righting wrongs.

It is in the glovebox on the mk4 as well (albeit a different location). Remember, I showed you?

This steed has gone down like a cup of cold sick, on here. :D

Aye. Hence sometimes the slamming of the glove box itself, righting wrongs.

It is in the glovebox on the mk4 as well (albeit a different location). Remember, I showed you?

This steed has gone down like a cup of cold sick, on here. :D

1) I barely remember most things man. Was that after the helicopter crash?

2) Everyone will be driving them this summer. Theres already like three threads about them on AS now.

Guest Lord Sward

Top Mondog Tip (I've bought and sold loads of these beauties).

Take 2 501 capless bulbs.  

Get on your knees in a front foot well (any order, you'll be in both)

Place one 501 bulb into the empty holder. (you'll need to crane your neck under where your toes normally point skywards to see this)

Pretend you've bought AN GHIA by having illuminated footwells.

Place one 501 bulb into the empty holder. (you'll need to crane your neck under where your toes normally point skywards to see this)

Ghia. The trim level that has meant barely nowt, for about 20 years!

I WILL DO THIS AND LIVE LIKE A FUCKING KING WITH ILLUMINATED FEETS

I WILL DO THIS AND LIVE LIKE A FUCKING KING WITH ILLUMINATED FEETS

It will be like Wayne and Cassandra, but instead of her saying "When did you get the CD player?" and Wayne saying "When we got the money."

It will be Becky saying "Have you trod in shite?" "Hang on pet, while I kick on the footwell illumination!"

Jealous of your spin on the HST.

Well bought, the second hand car market over 10 years old is full of shit but you can find the odd well looked after gem and that looks like one.

Essex plates on the 'deo' too for extra win so when you sell it in year 2035 you can use the old 'OMG Ford Directors car back in the day' blah bah etc etc...  like nearly all Capri's on Essex plates do these days.

Last night I dreamt I had the option of borrowing an Audi RS6 automatic or a hanging Rover R8 214 to drive to Aarhus in Norway to see that CERN hadron collider thing (yeh I know, Aarhus is in Denmark and CERN is in Geneva but it was a dream).

I chose the bloody Rover because I don't like autos.

Which means I would also choose this Mondeo over an Audi RS6 automatic.

Winning right there, Mr Wilsons. Literally living the dream.

Has your aux in sounded queer, yet? If it does, open and shut the glovebox.

Is there an actual proper fix for this, do you know? Mine works fine with the glovebox open but almost always cuts out the right channel with it closed. I wouldn't mind, but the light illuminating the glovebox contents is a bit distracting at night, plus my pack of spare bulbs tends to fall out when I take advantage of the Mondy's considerable cornering prowess. I've actually taken the glovebox out to look for obvious loose connections but couldn't find any.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt get any.

The boring did get a full posh Bosch themed cervix though. Air, oil, fuel and cabin filters. Oil as well.

Its thus far avoided predicted catastrophic failure (touch wood, hail mary, fingers crossed etc) and is returning decently acceptable numbers of bore:

post-5435-0-73443600-1493813790_thumb.jpg

It rides well enough over The Wannies and holds well enough in full g turns through the twistier parts of Northumberland.

If it remains reliable, its the car for all men. Or me certainly.

Not 4 sale m8. (Still)

I didnt get any.

The boring did get a full posh Bosch themed cervix though. Air, oil, fuel and cabin filters. Oil as well.

Its thus far avoided predicted catastrophic failure (touch wood, hail mary, fingers crossed etc) and is returning decently acceptable numbers of bore:

attachicon.gif20170502_081134.jpg

It rides well enough over The Wannies and holds well enough in full g turns through the twistier parts of Northumberland.

If it remains reliable, its the car for all men. Or me certainly.

Not 4 sale m8. (Still)

I dunno how it can be any more boring than an oil burning 309 or a 106 or any other appliance vehicle lol.

I know for a fact it is a better steer.

The funny thing with these is fundamentally they are fantastic cars, lovely things to drive, typical quality ford handling etc and to a decent extent they resolved a lot of the rust issues associated with previous models but a quick glance through your very comprehensive service history shows in about 10k miles he replaced starter, egr valve, numerous service items, I think a few other bits as well which goes to show even if their working great a big bill could be literally just waiting round the corner to snare you in!!

However same can be said for almost all modern cars so by that logic this post is in fact, completely pointless apart from this next sentence.

Well bought.

Its certainly more common. Less interesting. Its a better car though. But then youd expect it to be, if the comparison is a 309 1.9d or 106 1.5d. I like it, but I can see why cars like this wouldnt appeal to a lot of folk on here.