2006 Mondeo Estate (sold)

Jim Bell

It is a fine vehicle Mr Shitpeas. Alas, I am broker than the local genuine tramp who has spent all of his money on cheap cider and chips.

I am truly sorry to hear of your dad's passing, I hope he went with a young blonde on his arm, a pint in his hand and the remains of a good curry by his side. 

Look after yourself mate.

Any word on what you're taking on from the fleet or is it top secret?

Its nothing even remotely interesting mate. His daily was a Lpg Zafira so Im taking that. He had a privet registation on it that he was quite proud of so itll be nice to come out the house and see that of a morning. Something to remind me of him for a while.

I am very sorry for your loss.

This is just the sort of thing I'm after, being in the process of adopting a greyhound, so it's nice to see it's already longdog approved!

You're quite a long way away so let me look into transport options then I may be up for a ticket.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sorry WW. You seem like a good lad, and no-one deserves to outlive a parent. I am truly sorry.

Having said that, this is a horrible bland car, Normally at this point I'd say 'random please', but this is awful. Happy to contribute to some sort of memorial, but I'm fucked if I'm going to end up with a Mondeo.

Sorry WW. You seem like a good lad, and no-one deserves to outlive a parent. I am truly sorry.

Having said that, this is a horrible bland car, Normally at this point I'd say 'random please', but this is awful. Happy to contribute to some sort of memorial, but I'm fucked if I'm going to end up with a Mondeo.

No contribution required fella, and the great news is that participation isnt mandatory. Bland and horrible definately isnt to everyones taste.

Honestly, I'd have probably thought the same thing (but maybe not said it in this thread) until I drove one. They are considerably nicer than their reputation suggests.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Its nothing even remotely interesting mate. His daily was a Lpg Zafira so Im taking that. He had a privet registation on it that he was quite proud of so itll be nice to come out the house and see that of a morning. Something to remind me of him for a while.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I also run around with my late fathers personal reg, it is a bit special and really special to me, enjoy that.

Sorry I am unable to roffle up

Re-reading this thread, I've had a nasty jolt.

The last car I owned, which was also the newest car I've ever owned, was a Volvo V50 on a 55 plate - a Focus in a Swedish frock.  It had the really rough old Ford diesel engine and never got over 38mpg.  It was horribly unreliable and slightly less specc'd than this Mondeo. And a year older.

It cost me £5000 in January 2014 which was, believe it or not, considered to be a sensible price. 

One of the happiest days of my life was when I split up with me ex-girlfriend and she asked to keep it.

Forgive me, Autoshite, for going the way of the dealership.  I will never stray the true path again.  If I win this Mondeo (which is younger than the youngest car I've ever owned) for £12 I will be eternally grateful to the gods of depreciation and private sales.

WW can I please have a second ticket?  I've decided I really like the look of this.