Mondeo Mk2 purchased

sierraman

If you catch it in time it's an easy job to do, the trick is to thoroughly wire brush the area, make sure it's dry, treat any rust then seam seal to stop any damp/shit getting into the joints.

Similarly thoroughly Waxoyled the inner arch tubs, these have a propensity to go on the seams where it joins the boot floor.

Finished the tidying the sills up tonight, 3 coats of State Blue then 3 coats of clear lacquer. Then I'll give it a proper hiding with the Waxseal.

Had all the spare wheel out tonight gave the well a sweep out and gave everything a mist of WD40.

Tackled the slight bubbling round the filler cap. Not wanting to set about spraying it and the associated messing about blending it in, chipped off the bubbles with a penknife to keep it as localised as possible. Metal is solid underneath so touched in with some rust convertor, once dried used a touch up stick to prime and paint it. Doesn't look that much better but more importantly, I've stopped any corrosion and treated it so it shouldn't be a problem for some time. Again I'll be spraying some of the thin aerosol based rustproofer from Toolstation (shameless plug there but it's unbeatable for situations like this) into the seal area.

post-5724-0-30020100-1493927956_thumb.jpg

Cured some squeaky brakes tonite with it, half hour well spent stripping the pads out to grease the sliders and edges of pads.

Has the original bottom arms on, 17 years from some Mondeo wishbones, do I get a medal for this?

Can see they are the originals as the gearbox end bolts point down. People rarely bothered refitting them this way as it meant lowering the subframe. They just fit them bolt upwards.

Fortunatly because they are at the bottom of the desirability stakes, you can pick Delphi or Febi arms up for £25 or so now. Could be replacement arms though thinking on but either way they've been installed by Ford as a garage wouldn't fuck about installing the bolts like that.

Neither will I when they go, there's no play at the moment but before the weather turns shit I'll chuck some fresh arms on as it can cause inner tyre wear when they start to fail, the bushes are perishing at the moment.

Fond memories of the mk2 Zetec I had for three years a decade back. Couple of bulbs and a wiper blade was about all it wanted. I forgot to MOT it for a few months after moving house, basically that car cost me nowt but fuel and about 400 quid a year depreciation. WOULD BUY AGAIN

Fortunatly because they are at the bottom of the desirability stakes, you can pick Delphi or Febi arms up for £25 or so now. Could be replacement arms though thinking on but either way they've been installed by Ford as a garage wouldn't fuck about installing the bolts like that.

Yes, that's true, was serviced by main dealer Cuff Miller up until 2005 apparently - so would have been 12 years old then. It was wobbling all over the place when I got it!