Peugeot 205 1.6 Auto -£600 - MOT January 2018

Leachibob104

Peugeot 205 1.6 automatic 1991
9 months MOT (January 2018)
87k milage
Price is £600
Located West Yorkshire Leeds

Car is in great condition for its age, very straight and solid bodywork. Not real rust, few minor area show abit of surface rust. As pictured in boot.
Engine run ok, could do with a tune up and possibly the auto choke looking at. The also struggles to start on occasion, but always does start. My guess is the carb isn't priming properly.

-Peperdots 1.6 GTI alloys fitted with 2 new front tyres. Really adds to the look of the car.
-Powersteering
-sony stereo, big speakers in the parcel shelf. (not fitted by me)

Bought this car as I broke my colar bone and needed a automatic to drive to work. I have since recovered so no longer need the 205.
The car has never let me down in the past month driving to work 5 days a week. Also travelled to Birmingham and back from Leeds with no problems.
The car has clearly spent alot of its life in a garage due to the condition of the bodywork and underside.
This is a 26 year old car so you get a few creaks and noises but drives excellent. I'm no mechanic but own a few old Peugeots and my little 205 is a real beauty. I'd love to keep it but got too much on as it is.
Few little jobs sorting and a good detail and the 205 will be mint. I would happily take the car to a classic car show in its current condition. Just needs some love to make it something special.

Any questions please ask?

Struggling with adding pictures on my phone.  Bare with me and I'll add more

DSC_6713_zpssck2j1pj.jpg

DSC_6709_zpseuz1xrdw.jpg

Screenshot_20170417-120835_zpsxbktu7fa.p

DSC_6722_zpsyzv8tnkc.jpg

DSC_6727_zpsq78tn0ex.jpg

DSC_6733_zpssl2ijsni.jpg

DSC_6730_zpszha1dyix.jpg

The carbs on these suffer with autochoke issues (wax stat?), that could be the cause of the running problems. My last carb 205 auto used to die when setting off from a sudden start, great fun on busy junctions.

Later phase2 cars were indeed injection.

This one looks great, lots of 205s rust under the rear seats or in the boot (inlcuding my current one).

The carbs on these suffer with autochoke issues (wax stat?), that could be the cause of the running problems. My last carb 205 auto used to die when setting off from a sudden start, great fun on busy junctions.

Later phase2 cars were indeed injection.

This one looks great, lots of 205s rust under the rear seats or in the boot (inlcuding my current one).

Cheers for the input buddy. Yes we also suspect the wax capsules is the issue. Although when I first bought it the choke was always on.

We have since made some adjustments and the auto choke works to the point where once it's warmed up, the idle is around 800/900 where it roughly should be.

Yes i would think a new wax capsules would do it a world of good. Can buy them new for are £40 so might pick one up.

The car is certainly in really good shape. It just needs a loving owner now. Cannot spare any unfortunately :(:D