Help needed,now all sorted

daveb47

If you look at the so called flak, most of it was in fact people rallying round, supporting and assisting, or at least trying to. They were told to get fucked/mind their own business. We were all told that if anyone other than Dave so much as looked at a picture of the server on the internet, it would immediately implode, and destroy the entire Multiverse. We were told that no help was required, thanks, and can we all please go and fuck ourselves and how dare you even mention that the forum keeps breaking. We are still being told this. Oh, apart from all the threads asking for help, or money, or whatever .

As I recall, you accused Dave not Dave of lying about the causes of the forum failing in much the same potty-mouthed, infantile fashion as the posting above. So I'm not sure why you think your offers of 'help' are worthy of any sensible consideration.

It's quite clear from the donations poll thread that you, and the handful of other moaners, are in a tiny minority, yet you're obviously intent on causing as much disruption to life on this forum as possible.

I would never presume to speak for anyone else, but I can't imagine I'm the only person on here that wishes you and the other malcontents would just piss off, and find something else to fill their lives with. The sooner the better.

As I recall, you accused Dave not Dave of lying about the causes of the forum failing in much the same potty-mouthed, infantile fashion as the posting above. So I'm not sure why you think your offers of 'help' are worthy of any sensible consideration.

It's quite clear from the donations poll thread that you, and the handful of other moaners, are in a tiny minority, yet you're obviously intent on causing as much disruption to life on this forum as possible.

I would never presume to speak for anyone else, but I can't imagine I'm the only person on here that wishes you and the other malcontents would just piss off, and find something else to fill their lives with. The sooner the better.

Without intending to, you've made BVs point for him, namely that (in his view) those who ask for a bit more transparency are either told to shut up or to leave.

Guest Breadvan72

Which causes more disruption to life on this Forum?  People saying stuff that annoys you but which you have the option not to read, or the Forum falling over and staying in a ditch for several days at a time?

As for vote counting, have you not noticed how many likes the posts calling into question complacency with the current system attract?  

As for the idea that those who say stuff that you do not agree with should piss off, I gather that you are not a fan of freedom of thought and expression, plurality of opinion, and all that stuff.  I had not realised that this Forum was in North Korea.  

Well i just want to get on with running the forum.

Already got 2 backups daily on my pc and another seperate server.

Going to have a go at setting up storagebox today.

Will be giving someone access to this as soon as i have it sorted.

I've got an old PC here that needs a new psu. Once I've got that up and running I would be happy to setup a cron job to pull down a backup or two. Presumably you want to store just seven days then overwrite?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Backups are now sorted,Have Secure storage box that will automatically backup autoshite once a day,when all is set up i will give Electric Leyland & someone else Login so they can grab Backups whenever they are needed.

Hopefully this will be a satisfactory solution.

Just testing this out for couple of days on my other server to make sure all is ok before using it on here though.

I have today purchased & installed a dedicated Backup software.
We no longer rely on cpanel backups & a self contained backup will be uploaded & updated direct from software,this i stored on a fast dedicated secure storage to which Electric Leyland,Cavcraft & Chaseracer all have access.
Hope this will alleviate the concern for future of site.

Backup system is well documented,main thing is that others other than myself have access to backups,obviously they will be able to get suitable assistance from others if needed.

it is run direct from Whm & is a self contained system inside that.