Still in service

cros

That looks like it's had its rust permanently* repaired* with Finnegans Number 1 primer.

Surely they don't still make it?? It was rubbish.

Hope not. Here's a foot well I treated back when I believed the shit they claimed for it; it blistered through within weeks but I put a bit of WD 40 on it every now and again to avoid scraping off the whole sorry mess and starting again. 10 years after its STILL IN SERVICE.post-7547-0-57556900-1492279545_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's always a flipping treat to see this bumbling along through our village.

It's a bit fruity in places, so I'm amazed (and delighted) to see that it's just been MOT'd with zero advisories.  Just proves that the key to longevity is low owners and picking off the jobs as they come up.

post-19618-0-49475300-1494952042_thumb.jpg

White trims FTW.

Not my photo - can't find mine - nor can I work out how to embed from FLICKR onto here (maybe as I'm not logged in there?)  Anyway this guy Kevin loves a bit of it, and he's even papped my car before!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128691640@N04/

It's always a flipping treat to see this bumbling along through our village.

It's a bit fruity in places, so I'm amazed (and delighted) to see that it's just been MOT'd with zero advisories.  Just proves that the key to longevity is low owners and picking off the jobs as they come up - for example easing that sticky door and replacing a rotten window frame at your local MOT garage.

EFA

A local haulage company are running an 05 Reg Scania 114c and a 55 reg Foden, both 8 legger tippers. These seem a lot older than the DAFs and Volvos I often see transporting Mid-Wales in the direction of the M5, 30 tonnes at a time. So, genuine truckshite or not, especially as they seem to still be in the liveries of former owners, with only the  name changed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brightbus at Anston?

These are a regular sight near me, school contracts they use them for, see them a lot on the A57 chucking loads of black shit out the back.

A mate of mine used to drive these, awful in the wet he said. They used to have the sliding windows originally at the front for traffic in HK.