Land Rover Series Project Wanted - Must Be Cheap!

83C

Hi folks, I'm on the lookout for a project.

A big one.

Anyone know to an absolute basket case Series in Devon or Cornwall? Ideally an 88, I'd consider a 109 though.

Ideally needs:

Rolling chassis, lower panels (not doors or hard top, have them already), wiring loom.

Does not need: engine, gearbox, transfer box, doors, roof, upper sides, etc...

Plan is to do a very slow build onto a galvy chassis, 200Tdi power maybe.

Oh, and one other thing: it must be cheap!

Cheers.

How cheap? Got a complete 88 in West Yorkshire, that might be for sale. It's tax exempt, has 2.5td engine and an overdrive. Been off the road for a few years, but has had the front axle fully rebuilt with new brakes and bearings etc, then lost interest and ran out of time.

With a fresh battery, it should fire straight up and will be able to be driven onto a trailer

The chances of me doing anything with it in the near future are slim.

I've owned it since 2001 and it had a "body off" refurb in 2002-2003 - ran it for a few more years then bought a discovery in the end. If you want any pictures or more info, give me a shout.

It's not a basket case though and won't be "given away" but open to sensible(ish) offers

It's been in dry (dusty) storage since 2008, so has a bit of OMGBARNFIND appearance as well

post-5175-0-08162800-1491817086_thumb.jpg

Actually I had chequerplate wing tops and bonnet protector on my old Defender. However, it was painted black and used because I used to climb on the bonnet to reach things. Land Rovers clad in shiny bare alloy chequerplate look crap.

how about a v5c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/land-rover-series-3-88-chassis-and-log-book-vin-plate-1976-historic-vehicle-/152504294348?hash=item2381f6dbcc:g:AFwAAOSwB-1Y6nFn

How cheap is cheap?

Series h'anyfing seems to be going for good money at the mo.

There was some chuntering in a pub up on Exmoor a month ago about a lad who wants rid of his 88 S3 dizzle

These two look ok

Seems a bit salty at first but I suppose the chassis being sorted is a nice bonus. I ran a V8 series 2a for donkeys as my daily transport and it was awesome.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/land-rover/landrover-series-2a-swb-v8-project/1228765814

Shit engine but good price. If I could be bothered and had the readies I'd have this home, rape it of it's overdrive and punt them seperately on eBay 

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/610823047/1983-land-rover-series-3.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3DLand%2Brover%2Bseries%26page%3D2