Would anyone like to lend* me a campervan for a festival?

Guest Breadvan72

• 2 weeks later...

Shirley all suitable campers will come with a false bottom in the lav compartment stuffed with Es, wads of euros and a hot shoota? That's a thing now, so it must be true. Failing that the moisture from the inevitable leaks mean the bedding will make a particularly good hydroponic weed growing system.

Forget the moon and stick and even a camper van. Thinking laterally, I would hire a 7.5 ton box van for the weekend and put some furniture in from the house.

Pfft, not nearly shitely enough; Sherpa box van, preferably filled with a burst charidy shop sofa and ideally a piano to attract impressionable hipsters to steal food and drugs from.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Morris-Sherpa-Box-Van-/252863783759?hash=item3adfdb234f:g:M2gAAOSwpkFY76DT

Would be "ideal".......

My dad had one of those but in CF style.

Brilliant thing. Bought it new for £10K. I thought he was mad.

12 years later I inherited it and ran it for a couple of years.

The interior set up and finish was second to non at the time.

Guest Breadvan72

I've seen a ww2 age truck converted to a camper & that did have a wood burning stove in it.

I have a friend who has converted a 1960s Austin Ambulance with a mahoosive Mercedes engine, and that has a wood burning stove.  It's in West Cornwall, however, so not readily available for borrowing.

Guest Breadvan72

Would be "ideal".......

If that van is for sale, do you please have a link to the advert?  The image that you have posted does not indicate where on Facebook or elsewhere the advert may be found.  Thanks.

If that van is for sale, do you please have a link to the advert?  The image that you have posted does not indicate where on Facebook or elsewhere the advert may be found.  Thanks.

1981 Austin Morris Sherpa camper (Autosleeper conversion)

£2,000
Bridgwater

98,000 miles 

MoT till June 10th 2017

2 litre petrol British Leyland 1998cc petrol O-series (for parts - same engine also used in: Morris Ital from 1980; Rover SD1 from 1982, and all front-wheel drive Austin Ambassadors)

Autosleeper factory conversion:

- Mains with hook-up and leisure battery (EHU lead inc)

- Gas fridge (bottle included)

- 2 burner hob & grill

- 2 spare wheels (with tyres)

- clever jigsaw bed that leaves fridge, cooker and cupboards accessible

- 2 hammock-beds for kids/storing bedding

- easy canvas-free pop-top (no mould worries).

- awning rail (awning included)

We've had it since August 2016 (bought from a friend who used it lightly during his two years of ownership) but here is what I know about its past history...

Stored under carport and breathable rain cover (included) or at covered caravan storage site last 2.5 years.

During last 1000 miles:

- 4 new tyres

- Rear brakes cleaned and adjusted

- Timing and carburettor adjusted

- cambelt changed

- Differential refurbished

During last 650 miles:

- Oil changed

- New front brake pads

- Welding work

- Gearbox and differential oil changed

- spark plugs changed

- Kingpins greased

- Underside rust spots treated and protectively painted

Condition:

- engine runs well

- Slight ding on rear road wheel rim

- Bodywork tidy, interior in good condition (small 2" tear in ceiling fabric) all original furnishings, pop-top works fine.

- Fuel gauge broken but does over 200 miles on a tank, so easy to avoid running dry (and not an MoT issue).

We bought it last August (about 250 miles ago) and have enjoyed 4 camping trips in it so far. It's a nice example of a British classic that always attracts interest from other campers, and is a great way to dip your toe into campervan life, as we did. We have enjoyed it but now have a newer van with a heating system that we can use year round.

posted on this bookfarce group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/732898663485329/?fref=nf

Guest Breadvan72

Skizzer, I really love you, but now I am going to have to come round to your place and shoot you dead. Please explain to Frau Skizzer and Dog Skizzer that it's not because I'm cross and I hope it won't spoil things.

BTW, the Granny looks ace in your shed, but I feel bad that I may have caused another hapless car to be chucked out into the cold, so if you want to stash Granny at my place again, just say the word.

Just supposing that I were to buy a campervan that is -

(1) beige

(2) a Sherpa

(3) beige

(4) possessed of an O Series engine

(5) beige

and

(6) beige

how many Autoshite points would I score?

Points can only be awarded on presentation of a pez station collection shot with added Woolarding.

Make it so.