Would anyone like to lend* me a campervan for a festival?

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Yeah festivals yeah?  Standing in a field largeing it yeah?  

My daughter is clamouring to go Latitude this year.  Pop-up stands featuring neck-beard hipsters selling hickory-smoked breakfast cereals and retro-ironic crabsticks sound v enticing.  Keeping it street by vibin' to some bangin' Grindcore next to people who have children called Araminta and Orlando.

When we have been to Poshstock stylee festivals before, we have camped in mud (which is rubbish), or rented a classic VW van (fun but mega expensive and also the vans are tiny inside). The Glamping pods, yurts, chalets and so on are also expensive, and apparently have stinky bogs just the same as the povvo bits. 

Has anyone please got a camper based on summat like a Fiat Ducato or similar, that can accommodate two adults and a twelve year old in a modicum of glampy comfort? If so, do you fancy coming to an arrangement whereby I could borrow* it for a weekend?  13-16 July ish.   NB, everything would be done legally vis a vis proper insurance and such like, and the van would be looked after, and returned with all of the mud washed off and no dodgy drugs onboard (unless you want some left over Mandy to take into work).  

I have considered buying a camper for a few K, but good ones are hard to find, and the thing would only be used once or twice a year, so buying is not worth it really.

I live in South Oxon, and Latitude is in Suffolk, so a pickup somewhere vaguely near either end or not far off the route in between those two places could work.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and tell me to FRO if you like.

Guest Breadvan72

Thanks for all kind suggests.  Am pretending to be busy and important today, so will reply more propah like later.

xxxxx

Guest Breadvan72

Can you not use a caravan?

I can do towing if I have to, but it gives me TEH FEAR.  I might be tempted to rock up in my SD1 or in the Grannystate (both of which have tow bars) if I could rent a suitably classic caravan, but I suspect that finding such a thing at sensible prices would be impossible.  At Latitude a couple of years ago I saw a fabulous classic big streamlined Citroen towing a groovy streamlined caravan, and admired the dude's style. 

When we last tried the tent experience, we managed to get all of the kit plus three people into a Lotus Excel, and somehow got it into and out of the parking field.   Taking the Excel to Silverstone for a rainy Grand Prix weekend did not go so well, as the car had to be dug out of the parking swamp.  I swore that I would never again give money to Silverstone.  Those bandits claim to be operating a Formula One event, but the whole set up is incredibly pikey and rubbish, at mega-deluxe prices. 

What about this? £795, go to gig, flog on afterwards for mucho £££££££££s.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/ranualt-master-camper-moted-drive-away-campervan-diesel/1227829232

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

This.  Do it, now.  It'll Roffle like hot cakes afterwards.

Personally I like my cakes cold, the cream doesn't curdle that way.