Yorkshire Thoroughbred Spring Rally, 1st May, Crow Nest Park, Dewsbury NOW WITH PICS

strangeangel

Anyone fancy this? The blurb here says 'all classic vehicles including modern classics', so it should be shite-friendly.

It's three quid in if you're exhibiting some old shite a classic car, but you need to submit an entry form by the 21st April.

If you want an entry form, or even if you're just feeling a bit nostalgic for 1992, Geocities and dial-up internet, then the YTCC's website is here.

I get hacked off with having to drive south for 95%* of car events, I'd be interested in going along, though less so in exhibiting as if it's crap you're stuck there all day (and no, I don't want a self adhesive piece of tat to stick on the cars "roll of honour" lent against the front bumper whilst adjacent to rear bumper proper car people picnic on folding chairs out of Tupperware and thermoses just like it's 1962 FFS).

THERE ARE ELEVEN SELF JUDGED CLASSES

Excellent, therefore I self judge my fucked 2002 Berlingo to be a 1965 E-type.

Might go but possibly on Vespa (Class L- motorcycles)

BTW that YTCC website is ace, I remember when the internet used to move all over the shop like you'd had three too many.

Sadly, I fear The Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club's definition of "classic" might differ from ours...

I am on the committee of this club and partly organise this event along with  a few others around Yorkshire, our definition of a classic car is something that is 20 years or older however anything newer that is of interest is welcome, at last years show we had cars ranging from a 1920s Ford up to a mid 2000s Jaguar XJR with all in between. We are not fussed about condition, if it is roadworthy and driveable we would like to see it.

As far as the website goes I will pass the comments on to our website bloke who dabbles a bit when he has time, anyway aren't all modern websites sh*te? :-D

I don't think we're criticizing the website exactly, but it does have a very retro feel with all the wavey movey widgetty things. :)

Anyway thanks for clarifying, you might get some rabble off here coming along in a variety of heaps.

I don't think we're criticizing the website exactly, but it does have a very retro feel with all the wavey movey widgetty things. :)

Indeed, when someone on here implies your website is a relic from another age it's most likely an expression of approval :-D

If it's not wanging it down I will probably be on two wheels also.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the pics. I did go to this and you have captured pretty much all the cars I was all over. Loved that datsun 100a and there was a lovely little Austin 1300. My wife wants that 500! You caught me in one of your pics but won't say which !!

Shame we got there so late, never mind, there will be other shows, on the plus side we missed all the showers 8)

Only took a couple of pics, but one may interest breadvan for obvious reasons, the other just because bloody lovely :-D

IMG_20170501_143659_zpsuscpvte9.jpg?w=28

IMG_20170501_143712_zps5hywdwx4.jpg?w=28

Got talking to the old fella who owned the green Bond, nice guy, but he could discourse for Yorkshire :shock:  Always fancied one, seems they are fetching insane money, so I'm oot :-P