BerlOUTgo van

Cavcraft

I'll probably regret this, but here goes...

2002 Berlingo 1.9 (DW8) diesel van

MOT November

Taxed to get you home

161,000 miles

Has snazzy* 306TD alloy wheels

It's an old, well used van but to be fair it's in use most days and is great for what it is.

You can definitely get a Vespa and a Sinnis 125 motorbike in there (not at same time though) and it's got a decent load space, plus the passenger seat sort of folds flat.

Put a newer and much better battery on it a month or so ago and it made it much easier to start.

Smoke on start up, and when cold if you keep turning it over the starter sounds like it's having an asthma attack. The best way to start it is just jump in, turn the key straight away and not wait for the glow plus light to go out. It's never not started.

The locks are erm 'interesting'.

Obvs. like it has a few dents and the inside (of the cab) whilst a million times cleaner than when I got it, still isn't exactly going to make Kim & Aggie fizz at their collective bungholes

Great motor, gearbox, clutch, brakes and heater. Drives like an old van yet still nicer than it should do. Occasional drone from somewhere, possible wheel bearing, but doesn't seem to have got any worse since I've had it.

There's surface rust on the n/s/r quarter at the bottom (not holed) and the n/s/f inner wing is going crusty, wire brush and Hammerite should stop it.

Cam belt roulette and I bet it's long due a service.

berlingo1AAAAAAA.jpg

berlingo2.jpg

berlingc.jpg

berlingo5.jpg

berlingo6.jpg

berlingc.jpg

Really hard for me to fault this van, but I'm probably blinded by it's PSA-ness and you might find things wrong I've not noticed. Old cliché but I really would jump in this and drive this to the end of the world and back. It's actually a decent money earner too, if you can be arsed.

£395, Chester.

There's a slight 'shiter's discount if anyone on here wants it. Also the usual 'would swap for Vectra hatchback or estate' applies, would also swap for a Berlingo car.

Probably underselling this a bit Billy, my last blingo van was WAY ranker than this, I put it on Gumtree for 500 quid and sold it the next day for 450.

Well done that man! Took your advice, lobbed it up for £475 and it went for £450 very quickly indeed.