Yahoo J-Shite: Christmas Edition

As I've got to stay inside most of the day, I decided to do my Christmas present to you all - since it's not been done for a while, a load of Yahoo J-shite! And what timing, there's some quality stuff on at the moment!!

Posted Image

1983 Suzuki Carry

It has 15K on the clock..... that's in km.....!!

Posted Image

1978 Subaru Leone Sedan 1600 4WD

What a machine! I imagine ordering a new rear bumper, or even basic mechanical bits would be a complete nightmare though.

Posted Image

1980 Subaru Leone Sedan 1800 4WD

I love the overly fussy styling on these, especially the cluttered doors. Nice seats too!

Posted Image

1983 Subaru Rex Combi

Must be obscure Subaru day today, rare to see one of these up for sale, especially a commercial version! Looks a bit like a MK1 Golf at this angle, but if you put it against one for a size comparison you'd see how tiny it is compared.

Posted Image

1970 Subaru Sambar

A lot of the patina will be faked, but hey, Sambars are cool and this one is no exception.

Posted Image

1965 Mazda K360

Battered, but fantastic! Check out the interior, I've seen more plush forklifts. So cool. Judging by the 999,999km on the description, I don't think they even have an odometer. Excellent!

Posted Image

1964 Mazda B360 Deluxe

The light van version of the B360, love the net curtains. Imagine driving one of those over battered roads with a load of boxes in the back.

Posted Image

1978 Mazda Luce Legato

A reminder to Bollox. Whitewalls look quite nice on it with those huge shiny hubcaps. I see he wasn't a fan of the fender mirror look what with the holes on the wing, not sure about his choice of replacements, but hey I drive a Charmant with a motoring discount centre mirror on the driver side, what would I know.

Posted Image

1974 Mazda Porter CAB

What's with all the cool commercial stuff on today? Love the bonkers headlight surrounds on these, I think some company made a cheesy bodykit like the front of this for the new Suzuki Carry or something.

Posted Image

1964 Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe

What a beauty!! Bet it has interesting performance with a full set of passengers. Parking pole on the bumper too, if you have trouble parking one of these you might as well give up driving!

More to follow.....

Posted Image

1988 Isuzu Aska Irmscher Turbo

Yeah yeah, I know always post one of these if they're up for sale. I like them. Also have a brochure for it somewhere.

Posted Image

1973 Isuzu Bellett 1800GT

Hesitant to call this shite, but posted anyway!

Posted Image

1973 Honda Life Wagon Super Deluxe

Achingly cool!! To be honest I wish it was still on the original steels, looks very weird and "jacked up" with those Watanabes on it.

Posted Image

1985 Honda Civic Si

THESE were the coolest Honda alloy wheels, now I have them saved to my computer forever!

Posted Image

1982 Honda Acty

Apparently has one previous owner! Wonder if that's the original paint. Who would buy a commercial vehicle like that and look after it so well I wonder? Whoever they are, good luck to them.

Posted Image

1982 Honda Accord 1.8 EX-R

Spottedlaurel-flavour Accord, admittedly the prefacelift version. Fairly lacking in any interesting changes to th- OH MY GOD, HONDA-BRANDED LACE SEAT COVERS?!

Posted Image

1979 Honda Accord 1800 EX

Comes with a load of spares, so you have no excuse. Looks like a good honest car with a few minor faults, nice to see them pointing them out as it looks mint otherwise.

Even more to follow..... possibly this evening.

Posted Image

1971 Mitsubishi Debonair Executive

So cool they didn't change the shape until 1986! Full-on Yakuza cruisers. Very elegant.

Posted Image

1967 Mitsubishi Minica 360

An object of wonder and excitement! Love it, dodgy bonnet and all. Possibly the best find all day!

Even more later.....

Posted Image

1973 Mitsubishi Minica Skipper IV

This is the sports version with twin SUs and 38ps! Looks a bit like a Suzuki SC100 but jacked up.

Posted Image

1982 Mitsubishi Lancer EX GSR

Always liked these, especially the early ones!

Posted Image

1992 Mitsubishi Magna 2.6

Australian import! Madness - I admire the idea that someone in Japan so desperately wanted one of these that they arranged it to be imported for them.

Posted Image

1968 Prince Skyline 1500 Deluxe

Lovely, not really shite in any way.

Posted Image

1972 Nissan Laurel GX

Crikey!! If I had one of these for Christmas I'd be fairly satisfied.

Posted Image

1982 Nissan Bluebird AD Wagon GL

These commercial versions are probably in single figures by now!

Posted Image

1981 Nissan Sunny Truck

I suspect this will end up with some deep-dish wheels and slam and the likes. Oldskool pickup trucks seem to have a well-funded niche market.

Posted Image

1967 Prince Gloria SDX

CHRISTMAS PRESENT CHANGED. WANT THIS NOW.

I'd love one of those Porter Cabs. So much character!

I'm a big fan of their "surprised goldfish" look too. Commercial 360-class Kei stuff is always so damn cute.I reckon we should have a whipround and buy a suitably shitey transport ship for the importation of this sort of stuff.

Posted Image

1972 Toyota Miniace

Brilliant! I must admit it'd be a difficult decision between this and the Porter.

Posted Image

1972 Toyota Hilux

Hard to believe this is the same year as the above Miniace, looks much more modern.

Posted Image

1980 Toyota Carina 2000 GT

Ridiculously mint, plastic on the doorcards and everything. Bloody lovely.

Posted Image

1986 Toyota Corolla GT Twin Cam 16

Whoa! The FWD AE82 4-door version must be stupendously rare..... he wants a lot of money for it considering what it is, though. Doubt it'll sell unless there's a Japanese version of Autoshite. Kuruma-kuso or something.

Posted Image

1962 Toyopet Crown

EX-DRIFT CAR 4 SALE, I HAV PUT SUM RIMZ ON IT, NO TIMEWASTARS

Posted Image

1980 Toyota Cresta Super Lucent

At last, a chance to act out my "Violent Cop" fantasies. Very dull and inoffensive, thus utterly cool.

Posted Image

1989 Toyota Landcruiser

NO TAX OR MOT SO WILL NEED TRAILER OR DRIVE HOME AT UR OWN RISK NO MESSERS

Posted Image

1988 Toyota Tercel VL

The bar for blandness has been raised!

More to come later, etc.

The older Minica is definitely a favourite, it's just so charming! I don't think I would change anything about it. At a push I'd probably try repainting the bonnet in the same faded colour.

As you might suspect, I always try to find cars which have an original but "lived-in" feel. There's usually dozens of mint condition restored (or just extremely well looked after) cars, so it's nicer to pick out the ones that aren't quite perfect. I personally feel that restored cars aren't quite the same, in their quest to be all-original, they somehow reduce how "real" the car is, if that makes any sense at all. Looking at dozens of perfect concours cars isn't much different from seeing the original press photos. On with the show.....

Posted Image

1985 Daihatsu Hijet

I love this roundlamp generation, one of these is on my "want" list for my eventual Daihatsu museum of the obscure.

Posted Image

1985 Subaru Rex Combi TX

Another Rex, lurking in the "parts car" section. Suspect it will shortly become a cube.

Posted Image

1969 Nissan Bluebird Van

WOULD MAKE GOOD DRIFT PROJECT OR TRACKDAY SPECIAL

Posted Image

1985 Toyota Landcruiser Fire Truck

I admit I'm looking at some of the more odd vehicles for sale now. Wonder how the bloke with that Liteace Fire Truck got hold of it?

Posted Image

1967 Hino Contessa Coupe

Not shite, but very cool indeed.

And now as a special Christmas treat.....

Posted Image

1977 Mitsuoka BUBU502

Mad!! Utterly insane. Possibly the craziest thing I've ever seen come out of Japan, and that is quite an achivement. It is based on a 49cc Honda scooter. If ever there was something produced entirely for the Autoshite scene, THIS IS IT. Mitsuoka will forever be the kings of shite.

Posted Image

1972 Nissan Laurel GX

Crikey!! If I had one of these for Christmas I'd be fairly satisfied.

That is pure f***ing sex - my first thought though, was how much it resembles another jap car I have long had a hankering for...

Posted Image

Toyota Corona II - originality was clearly not the nippon strong point in the early 70's - all my favourite early 70's J-tin looks like late 60's yank muscle, especially the '67 camaro