Claying

Bren

I dont think I use it strongly enough tbh, ive never found it ace at shifting proper ground in brake dust, hence why I follow it up with ironx. Since I've had the same 2l bottle of concentrate forever, I might up the mix a bit, especially for the gooner!

I think I did 50:50 the first time but was very thorough in washing it off. Wheels went from gold to silver!

I've always clayed my cars using cheap eBay clay and car shampoo + water as a lubricant. Picks up all the crap like it should. It's also easier to mop up the areas just clayed with a clean microfibre rather than doing the entire car and washing it again. Follow with some decent polish, I like Sonax Profiline (FS 05 04) stuff, and some wax, I use Mucoff Uber Wax which I got from TkMaxx for cheap a while ago. A Dual Action polisher helps loads and Argos used to do one for around £50 which a right bargain, works just fine albeit the cable is very short and requires an extension lead on it at all times.

I tend to leave it for 6 months then when visibility becomes an issue, throw a bucket of soapy water over it. I used to wash and polish the Sierra I had every weekend, still went rotten before my very eyes.

These days I Hoover it out regular but forget washing and polishing it. Though I do make sure the engine bay is clean, so you can spot any potential leaks - every car I've bought has had filthy brake reservoir containers. How on earth you'd top them up when there's all that potential for contamination I'll never know. Also I Waxoyl my cars in the midsummer.

What I want is a decent glass cleaner that doesn't smear, I tried autoglym glass polish and all was well until the sun shone on the windscreen, I then tried autoglym fast glass and newspaper, still smears, could actually see lines where I'd rubbed it in when the sun shone.

I'm going to go proper detailing world and take the wheels off and clean the barrels and scrub the crud out of the arches, degrease and clean the engine bay. Brush APC in the window rubbers to clean out all the yucky green stuff in them.

Anyone want some waxes?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=392120

Fooking hell! I've got some half used dodo juice hard wax pots somewhere, and a pot of the dw double mint, and pot 13 of the satsuma rock that was brewed at the first waxstock (which is an absolute bastard to buff off!)

Not logged in alert I'm afraid.

I use T cut to clean alloy wheels. It is a bit slow so if there is a better way, I'd be pleased to hear. Thanks.

Honestly I do recommend this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ValetPro-Bilberry-Safe-Wheel-Cleaner-5-litre-Ultimate-/121868620902?hash=item1c5fef9466:g:Sm0AAOSwFMZWrfii

I don't usually enthuse over cleaning stuff, but it really was good. Oh, and bought from above company without any problems.

Back to the original topic. I've found using clay bars to be really worthwhile. I have tried using water as the lube with various make clay and it always seem to drag over the surface so I use meguiar's ultimate detailer and that works well.

My best tip is to put down a towel under the work area so if you drop the clay, you don't need to throw it away!

What I want is a decent glass cleaner that doesn't smear, I tried autoglym glass polish and all was well until the sun shone on the windscreen, I then tried autoglym fast glass and newspaper, still smears, could actually see lines where I'd rubbed it in when the sun shone.

I'm going to go proper detailing world and take the wheels off and clean the barrels and scrub the crud out of the arches, degrease and clean the engine bay. Brush APC in the window rubbers to clean out all the yucky green stuff in them.

This is the best glass cleaner i have used. Hated cleaning glass, always looked like it had been cleaned by Stevie Wonder, but with this stuff its spot on. 

http://angelwax.co.uk/product/vision-superior-automotive-glass-cleaner/

Which one are you going for? This one is meant to be really good for the money.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4645777

That's the one I have. Works well but they seriously skimped on the cord, when I chuck it over my shoulder while standing up the plug doesn't even touch the floor. It's 1.5m long tops. Comes with a pad too.

Slight drift OT, but I find Autoglym Fast Glass applied with kitchen roll, then wiped off with a microfibre cloth works well.  New decent quality wipers every 6 months helps minimise smearage too.  Clean glass is one of my things.  The rest of the car might be shit but I like to see out of it!

I've always clayed my cars using cheap eBay clay and car shampoo + water as a lubricant. Picks up all the crap like it should. It's also easier to mop up the areas just clayed with a clean microfibre rather than doing the entire car and washing it again. Follow with some decent polish, I like Sonax Profiline (FS 05 04) stuff, and some wax, I use Mucoff Uber Wax which I got from TkMaxx for cheap a while ago. A Dual Action polisher helps loads and Argos used to do one for around £50 which a right bargain, works just fine albeit the cable is very short and requires an extension lead on it at all times.

have you a link to the cheap ebay clay? there is some really cheap stuff from china on there, any good?