Multipla JTD, MOT Oct, nice colour, needs clutch attention, any interest?

flat4alfa

Wife's car, had it 5 years, it's been brilliant and part of the family

MOT October

Does anyone with spanners want to save it, then enjoy The Multipla Experience?

Spent plenty recently and because of that she's gone out and bought a Honda FR-V instead rather than spend on it again after the current upset. Was going to throw it on ebay to recoup a few quid from those just wanting to break it, but does anyone with spanners want to save it instead?

It had a clutch five years back at 110k, now on 160k but the clutch hydraulics stopped overnight.  I though it was just the cable as first and third suddenly became stiffer to slot in, but something more terminal happened a few says later as she was stuck on the roadside with it.  Clutch has never slipped.  Recovered by RAC to a garage in Bedfordshire, so currently a crash gearbox special sitting forlorn in their car park.  The 'box has to come off' they say, booked at £500, so she hit roof and I hid.

Recent bills for: £220 earlier this month on coil spring and top bush (a £60 bush!), pair tyres £150 inc tracking last month, last year all front arms and links, previously alternator, battery, aircon rad, etc as it was a daily and quite liked (for once).

Everything works:

Twin sunroofs

E/W all round

E/mirrors

Aircon that works

Interior seats still good but some dash plastics gone sticky and tatty in places.

Typical car park dinks, some scratches to polish out

WP_20150731_010.jpg WP_20150731_009.jpg WP_20150731_008.jpg WP_20150731_007.jpg

WP_20150731_006.jpg WP_20150731_005.jpg WP_20150731_004.jpg WP_20150731_003.jpg

WP_20150731_001.jpg

The 8v JTD, so go on and on unlike the chocolate swirl pot 16v specials.  It's the ELX so when new it was 110bhp and still goes well enough.  Recent happy trip to Bournemouth reminded me again how much I like Multiplas.

Alas, what with the Daimler and VX4/90 and the Longbridge Honda all needing my attention and driveway space instead.  Now doubt her panic-purchased Honda will need something or other too.

My PM box is still broken on this board, so just say what you want below if anything and I'll find another way if any interest

'Smoke and pet-free home'

Cheers

These are really good cars! I bet the clutch issue will be the release bearing, they have a habit of breaking up. Ours did the same even though it had a full clutch around 18 months before. I thought it was the slave cylinder (which is external on these) but alas it was a box off job to do the release bearing. 

I owned one of those, a 115. I loved it but the clutch was pants which seems to be the norm on a lot of modern (ish) Fiats. I put a Tunit box on it which surprised quite a lot of people, once you zooomed past them they disappeared in a cloud of black smoke!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Multiplas are ace, really useful space and quite clever inside. GLWTS.

Do you have a price in mind and where are you in Bedfordshire? Asking for a friend.

Yes comparing FRV with Multipla side-by-side: Multipla drives better as more sure-footed with direct and quicker-geared steering, has far better glass area and wider seating.  Removable rear seats too for *custom vanning.  The FRV handbrake placement is also pain in the arse as it stops the walk-thrus that are so easy in Multipla.  Build quality in another league though, but then so was list price and residuals by some margin. Her insurance cost has leapt by 30% due to grouping nonsense

It would be a relief to see 250 notes and a good home for it

It's sitting in the sunshine at North Dunstable off M1 jn11

• 2 months later...