Irish Car Crustier Than Anticipated Shocker - Sadly There Are Bad News As Well

Junkman

I bet the seller's gast was truly flabbered when you turned up in the P6. Well boughtificated JM

Very many thanks from my heart indeed!

Yes, he seemed a tad surprised and said he would have expected a lot, but not this.

The entire affair was most agreeable, since two perfect gentlemen met, each producing a perfectly gentlemanly car.

I don't really know his full details yet, but money changed hands purely on a handshake.

He also was very approving of the fact that I conduct the entire deal without using one of those terrible mobile phones

and showed up at the arranged meeting point at the arranged time without using one of those newfangled girly compasses,

despite the location was 11 kilometres East of the middle of nowhere and in the dark.

Also, completely unbeknownst what to expect from each other, it turned out that we both chose to wear tweed for the occasion.

This was exactly like it was in them good old times and we both enjoyed every bloody second of it!

I mustard mitt, that given the situation any haggling would have been most inappropriate, hence I agreed to pay full whack.

Given his extremely gentlemanly asking price, I'm still convinced that I made a bloody good deal.

It's also living proof of the fact, that none of this post 1986 tosh is even remotely innovative, or necessary.

He also complimented me on my impeccable* English accent. I had one of my local agents call him first, out of fear that my accent

would scare him off because foreign scammer. Now this North Dublin used car dealer of course merely told him that 'a friend of his

from England' would call to inquire about the car.

Irish sense of humour, I guess.

Via Google's chod surveil Lance system

ROVER 3500 V8 NEEDS BODYWORK AND WORK ON INTERIOR BUT MISSING NOTHING. , ALL CROME IS THERE , INCLUDING ALL HUBCAPS. ALUMINIUM GRILL MODEL . DRIVING WELL, LOVELY PURR FROM THAT 3.5 V8 ENGINE, ENGINE SORT AFTER FOR KIT CARS.CAR IS IN USE AND IS TAXED UNTIL 1/18. THESE V8 ROVERS ARE GOING UP IN VALUE GRAB A BARGIN Reluctant sale. Text if can't get through. Bad signal were I live - €1650

Lot of shouty caps there.

0/10 Must try harder.

3°C and pissing down on way to work. 0°C and sleet/snow driving down through Kildare / Laois.

Imagine what it would be like if I weren't here. You'd probably rolled over a polar bear this morning.

Also, despite being the country with probably the most liberal legislation for old chod anywhere in the World,

the indigenous people should sink into the ground from the sheer grade of being ashamed of what woefully

dismal tosh they deem appropriate private means of transport.

You can't leave this essential matter to merely two people and then complain that the result is not meeting

your expectations.

Guest Breadvan72

Ireland was chod capital of the Multiverse, with everyone driving gopping wrecks that made Father Ted's car look like a Bentley, until the scrappage scheme, after which everyone got a megadull Honda, except for some of the more canny farmers' wives, who got silver Mercedes to go shopping at the Powerscourt Centre.

PS: Lode Lane  - I am from Lode Lane too (well, Castle Lane, around the corner).  Therefore I bagsy a go in this car.

Guest Breadvan72

Lode Lane is posh in parts, and mucho posh as you get towards the middle of Solihull, but I Iived around the corner in a less posh bit of town.   I used to walk past the Rover factory on the way to Elmdon Park, and my dad worked at the factory occasionally, although most of his BL jobs were in Coventry and elsewhere.  I can only recall going in one P6 as a spotty yoof.  It belonged to the Warrant Officer of the Air Cadets Squadron that I was in, and he still had plastic covers over the seats.  As my dad drove cheap-ass shitboxes, the car seemed to me very grand, but the covers seemed naff to me even then.  The RAF confusingly dress their Warrant Officers a lot like their Commissioned Officers, mainly to piss off the Army, but I suppose that the bloke wasn't quite the gentlemans.